RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 31-03-2020, 09:33 PM   #21
Heartagram Tears

I am currently:

I'm not well versed on your NHS. (American, here) Is there any way to report Dr. Asshat?

Heartagram Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 10:15 PM   #22
Shirayuki
No one deserves to be forgotten

I am currently:

I'm so sorry that happened to you Ophiuchus

As Heartagram Tears said, is there a way to report the doctor?

We'll make it together, one small step at a time

Shirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 09:16 PM   #23
Serendipity.
fabulous.

I'm sorry Phi, that sounds like a horrible experience. I would think about speaking to PALS but it's also totally okay if you don't feel up to it at the moment. Do whatever you need to do to take care of yourself. How are you feeling now?

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."

Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 11:12 AM   #24
nonperson

I am currently:

Just watched a report on the news featuring a lot of elderly people and I have to say their resolve was amazing. They're taking it all in their stride, accepting that yes, it sucks but we all have to do what we have to do, and eventually this will pass. Trying to remind myself of this and take courage from their outlook.

Saying that though, I'm really worried about people who might flock to the outside, to parks and such to sunbathe or have days out in groups over the next few days and Easter weekend while the weather is nice. The government is threatening to ban all outside exercise for everyone if this happens... and there's enough stupid people in this country to make this highly possible.

nonperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 11:23 AM   #25
nonperson

I am currently:

People don't like being told what to do, I think that's the problem.

Old 05-04-2020, 09:19 PM   #26
Serendipity.
fabulous.

I really hope people stay inside, it would be awful if they banned us from going out for exercise.

I feel really sad right now. I'm taking a break from work because I'm terrified of putting my partner at risk but it's going to be really stressful financially and I'm really no good at being stuck in the flat! I know it's difficult for everyone though.

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."

Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 09:56 PM   #27
Regan 2308

I am currently:

I've been stuck inside for nearly two weeks now and its really messing with my head.
I do hope with all my heart that people stay inside so it stops and we can return to normal.

Regan 2308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 03:36 AM   #28
Auror.
Camden

my state is on lockdown until at least may. i have been working really hard to reframe my thoughts around wanting things returning to normal, and instead trying to accept that how they are now with having to stay home is normal. it is really hard and i am far from perfect at it. but i have been finding that useful to work on. idk if that would be helpful for anyone else.

i also have the feeling that even once some of the restrictions are removed, things might not go back to how they were. so i am just trying to stay focused on the present and what is normal for now.

i am getting concerned about being forced to wear a mask. if we have to wear a mask when we go out in public, i do not think i will be able to. i think having something on my face will make me have a meltdown. or i will panic because i will be afraid i will not be able to breathe. or both.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 10:10 AM   #29
nonperson

I am currently:

According to Trump wearing a face mask is voluntary. If you're worried about wearing one you could just follow his lead.

What if you tried wearing one at home before going outside in it? Just put it on for a few minutes or until you can't cope with it... and then keep trying. You might find you get used to it.

The same with the new normal. It is true that things might not be the same ever again but the more we live through it, the more it becomes normal. I don't imagine things are going to change so drastically that it will be a completely different world we live in.

We're all more adaptable than we think we are. And it sounds like you're already learning to adapt your thought processes to cope with the changes and that's so good. You should be proud of taking a proactive approach to this.

Old 06-04-2020, 06:21 PM   #30
Iamcatbug
Cat

I’m struggling with it. Mainly because I’m a key worker. I’m bei sent to shops I don’t usually work in and I don’t think they should be sending me everywhere. They want to furlough some of us but I know if I volunteer it’ll be seen as bad further down the line, plus I’m not in my base shop so I can’t notify my manager of wanting too.

I want to refuse to work but know I can’t, even though others have.

Iamcatbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 07:00 PM   #31
Auror.
Camden

Some places are requiring face masks now I believe. Our case manager human wore one today. I do not want people to think I do not care. I dunno.

I got fired from one of my jobs last week.

Cat, why can't you refuse to work if others have?

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 09:08 AM   #32
Iamcatbug
Cat

Sorry you were fired that sucks.

Hope you feel better soon Ophiuchus.

And I just have a very unsympathetic area manager even though he knows my MH problems. Had a panic attack on the way to worm yesterday. Rang the shop I was supposed to be going too as I was running late, turns out they didn’t actually need me this week at all. They rang my area manager and my area manager rang me, had a go at me for causing problems and told me I needed to decide if I wanted to work or not.

To cut a
Long story short, I’m now on a weeks holiday and working in a different shop next week. BUT I have volunteered to furlough as they are asking for volunteers in the company now and area manager apologised for his bevauoir
Early in the day when he rang to tell me what’s happening.

Was a weird day. But get to spend the rest of this week doing my courses. I find our Friday/Saturday what I’m doing next week.

Iamcatbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 10:04 PM   #33
CaptainB2
Unsure

I am currently:

And I’ve officially lost someone to COVID-19��.

She passed away 2 days ago. She was only 54.

I know 3 others with the disease at this time. One of them is not doing so well.
Please don’t let him be next! Why has this disease taken so much from me?!

Still Harder
Getting up, getting dressed, livin’ with this regret
But I know if I could do it over
I would trade give away all the words that I saved in my heart
That I left unspoken

CaptainB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 09:04 PM   #34
LittleBird84
Trying her damm best

I am currently:

I am so scared I am going to catch the virus. I really don't want to go back to work or back to normal. I don't want to die. It is really freaking me out.

?When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.?
? Ansel Adams

LittleBird84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 09:05 PM   #35
LittleBird84
Trying her damm best

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainB2 View Post
And I’ve officially lost someone to COVID-19��.

She passed away 2 days ago. She was only 54.

I know 3 others with the disease at this time. One of them is not doing so well.
Please don’t let him be next! Why has this disease taken so much from me?!
I am so so so sorry

?When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.?
? Ansel Adams

LittleBird84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)