Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-08-2018, 08:41 PM   #1
Fire Fly
Feel free to be yourself

I am currently:
Medication

Hello,
I have been on two antidepressants Mirtazapine and Venlafaxine for quite sometime but I came of Mirtazapine myself due to side effects and weight gain. Few weeks later I started to get stuck in a low mood. When I get low I go downhill quite fast. So I'm worried.

My question is my gp wants to either restart my Mirtazapine or start me on Duloxetine to help with my chronic pain. Has anyone been on Venlafaxine and Duloxetine together?

I'm on the cancellation list for my psych but that's could be a while. I've been very stupid as I came out of hospital in June and I was on clopixol as well that I stopped due to side effects so in essence my low mood is my own fault for coming of Mirtazapine and Clopixol. So I deserve this I guess.

Ballerina123 - My lovely superstar

Call me R -

The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time - Abraham Lincoln

Fire Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 21-08-2018, 02:24 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

I haven't been on those two together I'm afraid so can't advise on that front but I hope you whichever option you go for is helpful. Do you have any other options for mental health involvement aside from waiting to see the psychiatrist?

You don't deserve this. We all know it's not ideal to just stop medications without seeking a doctor's advice but most of us have done it anyway- you're not alone in having done that and it doesn't mean you deserve to feel unwell. Keep asking for help and work with the professionals to get you back on the right medications and feeling better.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)