RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-01-2016, 06:03 AM   #1
mon8993

Emotionally Abused by My Mother

I need to tell this to the world, hoping to find people that have the same situation as i do or give me some advice.

My mother likes to call me a prostitute, a sl*t, a wh*re. She has been calling me names like this since I was 13. I'm 22 this year. I do not think I dress like one at all.Everyone around me do not think I dress like one except her. We live in a warm climate. So people usually wear t shirts, tank tops and shorts here. But to my mom, she sees this kind of dressing as "sl*tty". It hurts me deeply that my own mother would call me such hurtful things. Even when I'm experimenting with makeup such as wearing red lipstick, she would say I look like a prostitute. I remember when I was 15, we took a family photo and when we gathered to look at the photos, she said to me "Wow you look like a prostitute".

Few months back, she saw me wearing bold lipstick. At the time I was wearing just simple t shirt and shorts. She pointed out the way I dress. She asked why do I always dress so sl*tty. She even compared me to my cousins. She said " They don't have to dress like a wh*re like you to look pretty"

I would say I have regular suicidal thoughts because of this. I can't seem to let it go. There is were a couple of times where I tried to talk to her about this. But she would say "But you really do look like a SL*T!i didn't say anything wrong". She is very stubborn and self righteous. So there is really no point talking to her about this. I just wanted to know if there are people out there who has the same situation as I do and what advice would you give me.

mon8993 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 30-01-2016, 10:28 AM   #2
Amaranth
Leah

I am currently:

I don't have any advice i'm afraid but wanted to let you know you're not alone. My mum called me names and has been emotionally abusive in other ways too. It's easier and not as much now I don't live at home, but i've always felt too weak to say anything or challenge it. I'm sorry your mum is behaving this way towards you, it really isn't right or fair.

Amaranth is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)