RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 16-12-2013, 02:57 AM   #41
melissafaith

I am currently:

As someone who went straight from high school to college and then directly into a masters program, I would whole-heartedly endorse taking the time for yourself.

“Too late, I found you can't wait to become perfect, you got
to go out and fall down and get up with everybody else.”
Ray Bradbury in Something Wicked This Way Comes

melissafaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #42
LizzieRose
♥ Beloved Lunatic ♫

I am currently:

There's people who do take a year to themselves, but all the adults pressure us American kids to go straight into college, so you don't usually hear about anyone taking a year off except on television.

Major Depression | Asperger's Syndrome | Anxiety NOS | Hints of OCD

Close your eyes. Don't you cry. Love's around you. In time, you'll fly. Don't you worry about the dark. I will light up the night with the love in my heart. I will burn like the sun that will keep you safe and warm. Like the smell of a rose on a summer's day, I will be there to take all your fears away. With the touch of my hand, I will turn your life to GOLD!

LizzieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #43
teachit

My husband took a year off after high school and worked to save money to pay for college. I think if you have a well thought out plan it can be good.

Have you talked to your therapists or anyone else about how you are struggling right now?

teachit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #44
LizzieRose
♥ Beloved Lunatic ♫

I am currently:

Not really...

Close your eyes. Don't you cry. Love's around you. In time, you'll fly. Don't you worry about the dark. I will light up the night with the love in my heart. I will burn like the sun that will keep you safe and warm. Like the smell of a rose on a summer's day, I will be there to take all your fears away. With the touch of my hand, I will turn your life to GOLD!

Old 17-12-2013, 01:21 AM   #45
LizzieRose
♥ Beloved Lunatic ♫

I am currently:

Having a mental breakdown moment over SIGNING UP for the damn SAT... I'm seriously considering saying "**** it" and skipping college because I have enough to cry over because of finals and graduation...

Old 17-12-2013, 04:51 AM   #46
teachit

I know the SAT's are scary. And you can take them more than once and combine score from multiple tests like best of math with best of reading and writing.

Also, I highly recommend talking to a tutor about study skills and strategies for the test. It helps relieve some anxiety and it really does help because there are really strategies for timing, picking questions, how to eliminate etc.

And a score DOES NOT define you. I knew a girl who was a rockstar in school. All A;s best notes in the world, just an amazing student and she bombed. She went to community and then transferred where the SAT's don't count. Most schools don't care after you already complete time at community. She is now a successful nurse :)
I fell asleep during them was a mediocore student and did ok. I would have done better if I could have taken it more than once.

The test is scary but who knows maybe you will do well :)

teachit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #47
LizzieRose
♥ Beloved Lunatic ♫

I am currently:

I test very well actually... It's not the test itself that is stressing me; it's signing up for it... It's asking me a million questions and my mother's computer likes to refresh the page or pop up ads while I'm trying to finish it and THEN the site logs me out after I finish a page which means I have to redo the page until I get it through... I don't like it...

Old 25-12-2013, 01:15 AM   #48
nowhereman

I am currently:

Good luck with signing up, I hope is not too stressful for you.

nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 02:36 PM   #49
LizzieRose
♥ Beloved Lunatic ♫

I am currently:

Finally got signed up on Monday. ^^ My SAT is the 8th of March and ACT is the 12th of April~

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)