Old 15-04-2010, 08:23 PM   #101
bleedjusttoknowimalive
om nom nom

I am currently:

Me too, about the book being better

Old 16-04-2010, 09:34 PM   #102
Keyboard Warrior

I am currently:

I've nearly finished Girl, Interrupted (the book) - is it worth seeing on film?

And I can't find Speak anywhere...

Old 16-04-2010, 10:01 PM   #103
Gonny

I am currently:

I saw a couple people recommending Dans ma Peau. I downloaded it and watched it yesterday as I stayed home from school sick. It is incredibly graphic, and pretty hard to watch in several places. For me, it even turned me off cutting for the moment because

The following content has been hidden - Reason : triggering/spoiler
the main character engages in self-cannibalism as well.

If you can handle it, I highly suggest the film. The version I downloaded had English subtitles, but with Portuguese or some such language subs on top of the English. Even if you don't speak any French, the film is fairly easy to follow.

When all else fails, music shall carry on

Old 16-04-2010, 10:08 PM   #104
Entropy

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop! Hammer Time View Post
I've nearly finished Girl, Interrupted (the book) - is it worth seeing on film?

And I can't find Speak anywhere...
It is worth seeing the film but not for the self-harm as it isn't really prominent - it depends what you want from it really. It's good for an alternative insight into a psychiatric hospital and for BPD and to identify with toxic friendships i guess.

"this is the room where you don't have to be brave"

Old 17-04-2010, 03:49 AM   #105
-Asphyxia-
-loser-

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonny View Post
I saw a couple people recommending Dans ma Peau. I downloaded it and watched it yesterday as I stayed home from school sick. It is incredibly graphic, and pretty hard to watch in several places. For me, it even turned me off cutting for the moment because

The following content has been hidden - Reason : triggering/spoiler
the main character engages in self-cannibalism as well.

If you can handle it, I highly suggest the film. The version I downloaded had English subtitles, but with Portuguese or some such language subs on top of the English. Even if you don't speak any French, the film is fairly easy to follow.

I must be really f*cked up because I didn't find this movie as disturbing as others in this thread..... Erm, I'm a weirdo I guess.

I wish I could come up with some more suggestions.......I can't remember, but does Old Boy (it's Korean I think) have SI in it? I know the guy tattoos himself or something like that, and maybe I am just mistaken...(It is a great movie, but royally f*cked up, just to warn you.)

Generally, from what I've seen, a lot of foreign films have quite a bit of violence - some self-induced. Japanese films especially. <3 They tend to take more risks and be more "edgy." Screw American cinema!

Oh - just thought of this. There is a documentary called CUT: Teens and Self-Injury. The woman who did it lives in my state, and it was shown at the film festival here as well. Sadly, I learned of it after the local screenings took place, but I would really like to watch it. Shirley Manson and Juliette Lewis are interviewed in it. I wish this would have been around when I was a teen...Frankly, it'd be a good thing to show in a high school health class or something, considering how SI is a bit of an epidemic these days...

-poisonous-

Old 20-04-2010, 03:30 AM   #106
taz35
IloveyouBrandy<3

I am currently:

If it's been mentioned already, my apologies.

But "Thirteen" is a pretty wicked movie. It deals with not only SI, but also abuse, drugs and alcohol, partying, sex, etc. I watched it when I was 16 and it really shocked me.

Here's the plot summary:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0328538/plotsummary

If someone ever says to you "You need to stop thinking so much," call them ignorant in your head and keep thinking deeper. It is this mentality that breeds stupidity and sheeple. Your mind is the most important tool you have. If you stop using it, it will atrophy.

Question everything.

Old 20-04-2010, 07:04 AM   #107
~*RazorbladeKiss*~
~Wat doesnt kill you makes you wish you were dead~

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Asphyxia- View Post
I must be really f*cked up because I didn't find this movie as disturbing as others in this thread..... Erm, I'm a weirdo I guess.

I wish I could come up with some more suggestions.......I can't remember, but does Old Boy (it's Korean I think) have SI in it? I know the guy tattoos himself or something like that, and maybe I am just mistaken...(It is a great movie, but royally f*cked up, just to warn you.)

Generally, from what I've seen, a lot of foreign films have quite a bit of violence - some self-induced. Japanese films especially. <3 They tend to take more risks and be more "edgy." Screw American cinema!

like me! "Dans Ma Peau" didn't disturb me as much as the others.
i love weird stuff like that! and even worse.

"Old Boy" is a BRILLIANT movie! and yes, he self harms. but not to feel pain,i think. he marked himself(like tattoos)to remember him the suffering and all the years he spent locked in that place.
also he tried to commit suicide twice. oh and other thing. its like a classic legendary awesome moment! but its kinda of a spoiler,so...

and i agree that asian cinema takes more risks! they can do some REALLY disturbing stuff. i love asian cinema. and i kinda have a preference for korean ones.

asian cinema rocks!

Everyone is going to hurt you sooner or later.
You just have to decide whose worth the pain.

Old 20-04-2010, 07:13 AM   #108
~*RazorbladeKiss*~

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz35 View Post
If it's been mentioned already, my apologies.

But "Thirteen" is a pretty wicked movie. It deals with not only SI, but also abuse, drugs and alcohol, partying, sex, etc. I watched it when I was 16 and it really shocked me.

"Thirteen" is one of my favorite movies of all time! but it didnt really shock me.

and i watched many movies with self harm and in my opinion, "Thirteen" is the best movie with that subject. the acting is superb and it is very realistic, the scenes and everything. unlike other movies.

for example "Painful Secrets". i really liked that movie but i think it was not very realistic. and the acting was just...okay.

Old 23-04-2010, 06:49 PM   #109
ladybug
Just keep swimming

I am currently:

i dont get triggered by films (unless about abuse) but when i watched Dans Ma Peau my god i was triggered

i watched augusta gone and LOVED it i brought it on dvd and ive watched it like every day

Old 26-04-2010, 04:10 AM   #110
Lollirot
Hold me under, cut away this empty

I am currently:

I'm the same, I've never been triggered by a movie, but I watched Dans Ma Peau, and had to pause it and walk away for an hour or so about three times thought the movie. It made me nauseous and shaky and made me want to SI so bad. Be very careful if you decide to watch this.

Someone mentioned a House Episode before, but it's actually "Control" (2-14 I think), not "Sleeping Dogs Lie"

I watched 2:37, Augusta Gone and the Ginger Snaps movies yesterday. They were good. Augusta, Gone felt like a bit of a Thirteen rip off (or visa versa) though.

Girl, interrupted is one of my favourite films ever. It's a must see.

"Watch me fault her "you're living like a disaster". She said "kill me faster", with strawberry gashes all over"

Old 27-04-2010, 07:56 PM   #111
ladybug
Just keep swimming

I am currently:

ok theres a film that was on bbc on 05 called Mr harvey lights a candle
its about a teacher who takes a group of teenages to a cathedral, one of the pupils self harms its a really lovely film

i just cant find anywhere to buy or watch it which sucks.

Old 28-04-2010, 10:34 AM   #112
Belt
Nerd

I am currently:

What about, "I'm a cyborb (but it's okay)"
I don't think it's got much about self-harm, but it's set in a mental hospital so there's a lot of stuff going on. It's not sad either! It's a film with a lot of heart, I ****ing love it!

"Robyn, so many people care about you.
You know that."

Old 28-04-2010, 10:36 AM   #113
Belt
Nerd

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug View Post
ok theres a film that was on bbc on 05 called Mr harvey lights a candle
its about a teacher who takes a group of teenages to a cathedral, one of the pupils self harms its a really lovely film

i just cant find anywhere to buy or watch it which sucks.
I remember that! It's based off a really childish drama book called, "A Day Out" I think? But they made it very serious when they turned it into a drama. I loved it.

You know that."

Old 28-04-2010, 03:16 PM   #114
~*RazorbladeKiss*~

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belt View Post
What about, "I'm a cyborb (but it's okay)"
I don't think it's got much about self-harm, but it's set in a mental hospital so there's a lot of stuff going on. It's not sad either! It's a film with a lot of heart, I ****ing love it!

OMG i LOVE that movie! its nothing about self harm though. only in the beginning of the movie she does that thing...nothing more than that.

but it's a really BRILLIANT movie. its a comedy/drama korean movie.

its very funny but its also very sad. and the soundtrack is sooo beautiful really.

Old 28-04-2010, 05:23 PM   #115
Belt
Nerd

I am currently:

I knew that you'd love that, I read that you liked Oldboy and well we all know Park can seriously do no wrong!

You know that."

Old 29-04-2010, 05:55 AM   #116
~*RazorbladeKiss*~

I am currently:

you are absolutely right! Chan-wook Park can never go wrong!
he's a brilliant director.

i loved "I'm a cyborg but thats ok", his vengeance trilogy- "sympathy for mr vengeance", "oldboy", "Lady vengeance" and his latest movie, "thirst"! which is also very good and its pretty violent, intense, romantic and sexual. stuff he really enjoys to put into his movies. eheh.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:52 AM   #117
XxLinkinParkxX
When life gives you a razor, throw it away...

Location: Small town in Michigan called St. Louis. It's friggin small!
I am currently:

Those who are looking for girl, interrupted, you can watch it on youtube. I just did a few weeks ago, and I'm sure it hasn't been removed yet. That movie was good, but very dark, I think. But still, it is a very powerful movie.

Old 28-09-2010, 06:28 AM   #118
~*RazorbladeKiss*~

I am currently:

I watched a new movie that contains self-harm(cutting). It's called "Martyrs". It's like a torture horror/drama french movie. Very disturbing.
But if you like disturbing movies with disturbing characters with scary moments, torture scenes and some ugly self-harm in the mix, then you should watch it.

A brilliant movie with a deep confusing meaning.
But it's not for everyone.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:42 PM   #119
happiness_escapes_me
i'll do what people say and lie in bed all day

I am currently:

martyrs is an epic movie! my OH had to walk off calling me weird but i loved it, then again i do tend to get into "weird" films. im sorry but hollywood blockbuster type movies are all the same and so incrediably boring.

one WOUND for every reason WHY

Old 06-10-2010, 03:38 AM   #120
~*RazorbladeKiss*~

I am currently:

I agree. I'm like that too. I hate most of the blockbuster movies. They're so stupid, pointless and repetitive. I usually prefer the weird and different ones. And low budget, independent movies.

Closed Thread

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)