RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-05-2016, 10:17 PM   #1
help127
help127

8 months harm free

I have not harmed in 8 months now. But I am struggling everyday. WIll it get easier? THe urges get so intense. I want to quit and give in to the urges. IT is so hard.

help127 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 26-05-2016, 10:12 AM   #2
Sooty
Sophie

I am currently:

Dear Help127,

The urges do get easier believe me and you can get through this. I think that when it has been your main coping mechanism for a long time, the urges will always crop up from time to time but the longer it is the less intense and the less frequent they become. Hang in there and stay strong.

Sophie.x

Soon... Now will be then...Today will be yesterday... Present will be past...And thought will be memory... So...Live for the future! Make your future how you want it!

Sooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 02:16 PM   #3
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Congratulations on reaching 8 months free, that's a fantastic achievement, especially as you've still be struggling with urges.

It definitely does get easier. I have been free for a while now, and whilst I have periods where I struggle a lot, I'm much more able to manage urges now and very rarely am tempted to actually act on the urges. Even though it's sometimes still hard, I'm incredibly glad that I stopped and things are an awful lot better than they were and I am optimistic that they will continue to improve.

Do you have any professional support to help you deal with the underlying causes of your self harm? Some sort of counselling or therapy could help to reduce your urges to self harm and provide alternative coping mechanisms for the times when you do have urges.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)