RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 24-06-2016, 05:43 AM   #1
Grrr....
Shorty. =)

I am currently:
Wanting to harm

I'm struggling again. It's been a long time since I've self harmed. However, the longer I go without harming, the worse the urges/thoughts get. I don't know if it's really even urging or rather me convincing myself that I could feel better and it would be easier that way. I know it won't actually make me feel better for the long term. I don't know. Just needed to tell someone I guess.

"Wish that I could cry,
Fall apon my knees,
Find a way to lie,
About the home I'll never see"
Superman by Five For Fighting

Grrr.... is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 24-06-2016, 10:32 AM   #2
crazykat
Fight for another day

Do you know what's driving your self-harm urges? Sometimes if we look at the reasons driving our urges it can help us tailor strategies to either deal with the issue or strategies to cope with it. You've done really well to make it this far and I think that is to your credit and shows what strength and resilience you have. It's great that you can recognize that while it might have the possibility of making you feel better in the short term that it is not something that will in the long term.

I think this important to recognize and to remind yourself of the long term consequences even writing yourself a list of the pros and cons if that would help. You can do this, best of luck

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 12:39 AM   #3
Grrr....
Shorty. =)

I am currently:

Thanks. It actually happens when I'm embarrassed, I think... Which is odd because when I was harming I didn't think it was happening when I was embarrassed. I thought I was sad and pissed. But maybe I was embarrassed too. And that embarrassment is caused by anxiety. So I should really look for ways to handle/manage my anxiety, or more effective ways. Thanks for replying.

"Wish that I could cry,
Fall apon my knees,
Find a way to lie,
About the home I'll never see"
Superman by Five For Fighting

Grrr.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 01:01 AM   #4
crazykat
Fight for another day

Is it just a general sense of embarrassment or something more specific? I agree working on your anxiety around this would help. Also doing some things to help build your self-confidence might help too. This article, has some really good information on tips on embarrassment and how to build mastery over it.

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)