RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 01-01-2017, 07:33 PM   #1
Solstice
No longer inpatient

I am currently:
Too sick for treatment

I had an eating disorder assessment on Monday. I contacted them yesterday but I was supposed to hear back from them on Friday about whether they were going to accept me into their program, which is group and individual therapy. The responded back with the following email:
Nicole,
I’m sorry Jenna did not call you. We did talk about you during our clinical team meeting. From that conversation we concluded that we are very concerned about you, but we do not have the robust treatment you need due to your health and psychiatric concerns. Our recommendation is a higher level of care than standard outpatient services. We are preparing the paperwork with recommendations for a specialty residential treatment for trauma and eating disorders. Jenna would be happy to call you on Tuesday if you’d like to talk about this some more. I can schedule a phone call for you. If you want to come in to talk to her, that is an option as well. Just let me know what you prefer.

I hope you have a safe and happy new year! Talk to you soon

I responded back but I won't get into the details of what it said. I feel completely crushed and completely hopeless. My insurance will not cover residential and I just spent a little over a year in a state hospital where they too, told me they really couldn't help me with my eating disorder, and even at the end, they told me my trauma was something that had to be dealt with in an outpatient setting. I have no idea what to do from here. I even downplayed a lot in that assessment. I'm not even very sick right now, I barely fit the DSM criteria for an eating disorder but I have a lot of medical problems so I think that's why they denied me. This doesn't seem fair. This was pretty much my last hope. I have a case manager and a psych but that's it right now. I really need a therapist. I am lost. My life is forever going to be filled with battling food and ptsd. I don't want to do this anymore. I just want to give up
I am defeated

Angels are friends who support you when your wings forget to fly.

Solstice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 03:19 AM   #2
Solstice
No longer inpatient

I am currently:

I didn't put the details of what I said back to them in this, but it was pretty much exactly what you said. That I could be managed with my medical issues on an outpatient basis (since they don't have to do with my eating disorder anyway) and that I need to be seen outpatient to reintegrate into the community because when I have been inpatient, I have been able to be somewhat healthy
I know my insurance won't cover the residential because they turned a friend of mine down for the same reason and they recommended her for residential and her insurance (similar to mine) denied her. It's not feasible at this point. Even if it were, I've spent a total of thirty months out of the real world getting help, I'm not sure I'm willing to do anymore than that
I guess right now I have to figure out how to fix myself with the resources I have

Angels are friends who support you when your wings forget to fly.

Solstice is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)