RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 16-02-2017, 11:53 PM   #1
Lonely8T5R

I am currently:
Need advice.

Hi all.

I am new to RYL and in need of some advice and support. I have been dealing with a lot lately and not been coping very well. I feel I have lost control and the only way I feel I can be in control is by eating or not. Yes I have weight to loose and have lost and people are commenting. It makes me feel like I am doing something right and have that control. I am mainly not eating and when I do it is restricted amounts and divided into small sections on the plate. I avoid meals in the day and chew sugar free gum a lot. Eating around people makes me feel anxious and recently when things became too much to handle I would make myself sick. I have lost count how many times I have become light headed and shaky because I have not eaten anything.
I have a lot of self hatred for myself and I don't know what to do anymore so thought would join and post on here.
Take care everyone.

Lonely8T5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 07:59 PM   #2
Sketchy

I am currently:

Welcome to RYL. Do you think you could speak to your doctor? They would be the best person to help you. Maybe you need support in getting through this.

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 08:15 PM   #3
HopeRises

Welcome, I agree with sketchy that talking to someone and reaching out is the first step. You've done the hard part posting here. Can you talk to a doctor, or I don't know how young you are but if your still in education, a teacher or school counsellor?

Do you know what's causing the self hatred? Is there anything else you can do to try and regain some control over everything that's bothering you? Maybe writing it down so you can see it clearly might help?

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 09:40 PM   #4
Lonely8T5R

I am currently:

Hello Sketchy and HopeRises
It was hard posting my first post. Thank you for replying. I am on the waiting list for therapy. My GP is aware of what has been going on for me and what I have been dealing with apart from the eating aspect. I always thought because I have weight to loose it wouldn't matter to anyone if I was doing this. My mum has an eating disorder and seen what it has done to her and I am worried it with me will deteriorate into that. I was prescribed weight loss tablets but trying to loose by myself but didn't expect I would go to these extremes. I have always had a lot of self hatred in me and think it's a lot to do with my past. I am journaling and I also write poems to help when I start my counselling as I have trouble talking about things and it's easier writing them down. I also have trust issues. I grew up in foster care, children's homes and with grandparents who never really wanted me. I suppose I don't know what else I can control. My behaviour around food is changing and I know if I don't get a grip on it I know it will get worse.

Lonely8T5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2017, 10:34 PM   #5
Sketchy

I am currently:

Do you think you could speak to the gp about eating? It sounds like you can see how dangerous it is and how bad it can become, so maybe you could get help to stop that from happening. Writing is a good idea, I hope that and the counselling help.

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)