RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 08-12-2016, 07:38 PM   #1
Solstice
No longer inpatient

I am currently:
Assessment

I have an assessment for an eating disorder group and eating disorder therapy on the nineteenth. I am looking forward to it because with my insurance it's going to be super affordable and I think it could be very helpful. I am hoping they can also help me with my trauma stuff. The place is new, we haven't had an eating disorder place around here before so they have become very popular very fast. I am nervous, too. I know it sounds VERY bad but I am not as nervous as I would have been a year and a half ago because I went from being overweight bulimic to normal weight, looks like I could legitimately have an eating disorder, EDNOS. I know eating disordered people come in all weights, but I feel like I'll feel more comfortable going to an eating disorder group at the weight I'm at now. I know I sound so awful saying this. Please don't hate on me, I'm just being honest with how I'm thinking though this process

Angels are friends who support you when your wings forget to fly.

Solstice is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 09-12-2016, 07:35 PM   #2
Too Shy

I am currently:

I just want to say good luck as well, I hope the assessment goes well. It sounds like it could be a really helpful place for you.

What you say about your weight is very understandable, I think a lot of people can probably relate. Do keep reminding yourself though that, like you said, you can legitimately have an eating disorder at any weight, and you are allowed to struggle no matter what your weight is.

Too Shy is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)