RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-04-2014, 03:45 AM   #21
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Ah sorry, waiting should appease my dad who is thinking I haven't thought about this properly and the weightloss might distort the tattoo so I should try and do a bit before.

I wish I could keep the appointment and see her Monday but I've already emailed making a huge ass of myself. She had booked it in to actually do the tattoo though. Thank you for your kind words Carmen.

Haven't quite decided where on my left leg. She's drawing up two designs one for the side and one for the front/back. While the front is obviously more confronting out could be done to hide a horrible scar I have there which would make me very happy.

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2014, 05:26 AM   #22
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

My legs have certainly got a bit chunkier but I don't think it would obscure a tattoo too much.

I realised I already have been thinking about this for a month so I'm going to go ahead with it on Monday, as it is an easter break which will be good for aftercare. I'm waiting for the tattooist to call me back and I'll discussit with her :) :) :)

Old 17-04-2014, 07:06 AM   #23
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Meeeeeeeeep.

Everyone is telling me not to be so impulsive so I've talked to the tattooist and booked it for early May. I think she wasn't overly happy but that may be because she wants to do it soon because she is excited. She might have some of the design to me by Monday.

I'm scared she's going to think I've messed her around and might not put her best effort into it :(

I'm sorry to go on about this :(

Old 17-04-2014, 08:21 AM   #24
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Yay! Your excitement for me has cheered me up :) it's not too long away but still sensible I feel :)

Old 18-04-2014, 01:05 AM   #25
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Yeah I heard someone else who waited a year also... so then my waiting of a month seems really small and I wonder if I'll regret it etc.???

My last tattoo I planned for 2 days or something and then got it, but the artwork is so impressive I love it. Even if it might be weird being an 80 year old with a unicorn tattoo. (I was manic at thetime of getting it mind you).

Thank you SO much for continuing to reply. There's been so much going on about this and I didn't realise the extent of my fear of being judged by others until all this so to have you here has been such an amazing help. Thank you Carmen xxx

And we keep our descriptionsc in line with the weather, so now it is autumn going in to winter :)

Old 18-04-2014, 01:41 AM   #26
nowhereman

I am currently:

Good luck with your consultation! To be honest it sounds to me like you really want this. I'm sorry your dad doesn't approve, that must be hard. My parents both have tattoos as well (though not as many as I have,) so I guess I'm lucky they have no problem with it.

I think your dad needs to respect your view also though and if you want one then that is your decision. It sounds important to you and as if you have really thought this through.i think a tattoo of your dog would be amazing, I bet she has helped you a lot with everything. My first tattoo was of two cats as I love m cat so much!

I hope he will come around but you know if he doesn't, it's still your choice at the end of the day. Good luck again and I can't wait to see it if you get it.

nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2014, 01:44 AM   #27
nowhereman

I am currently:

Oh sorry, I didn't realise there was a second page and you had already gone lol! Good luck for may so!

Old 18-04-2014, 02:15 AM   #28
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Thanks Nikki! I really appreciate you taking the time to reply especially as you have cat tattoos so can understand! You are right my little dog has been such a lifesaver on many occasions. She's my first dog so she'll always be so so special to me.

Thanks for the reassurance that you can hear I've thought this through. That was really helpful to read.

I'm so excited I'm just waiting for her to get back to me with the date. I still wish it was Monday but I can wait a couple of weeks until May, save up money and let the preemptive excitement last longer :)

Old 18-04-2014, 03:01 AM   #29
cap3

I don't have any tattoos so maybe should not give any thoughts but mine are more based on the approval issue.
I understand that you don't like doing things your dad is not happy with but sometimes parents/kids don't agree and that does not mean one person is wrong or bad just that there different. I am not saying you should get one or not though. I do think it is good you are giving it some more time.
Since you are conflicted on how it will look on the leg do they ever draw or do something similar on the area first to see how it will look? Sorry if that is stupid question.
My mom used to say if she ever got a tattoo it would be of her dogs that passed away. She has a painted large portrait in her home instead.
I hope you can come to a choice that you feel good about

cap3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2014, 10:35 AM   #30
nowhereman

I am currently:

I'm so glad I could help! That's made me happy to hear that.

Cap3, you're spot on. Before they do an actual tattoo, they put an ink outline (called a stencil I think) onto the area of skin where you want it, and you have to check it before they do the tattoo. So yeah, Aimee, you can always get them to try a few places I'm sure if that's what you need. They should be ok with that, I mean it's going to be on your skin for life so you want to be happy with it!

Good luck again and let me know how it goes (and pic please!)

Old 30-04-2014, 10:44 AM   #31
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

How's it all going?

I am an impulsive person. Two of my tattoos were done on a whim. I don't regret them, though one could have been done by a better artist but it's not awful or anything. To be honest my body is so scarred any way that I've decided if I want a tattoo then I'm just going to do it. Tattoos for me are a way of loving my body and marking it in a different way than self harm. It's kind of like a journal, the scars tell one story and the tattoos tell another. Some people might assume I have no respect for my body, but that's not true at all.

All of my tattoos are in places I chose that don't really get affected by weight gain or loss. I have one on my right ankle, two on my right inside wrist and one on my left inside forearm. I'd never get anything on my thighs, stomach, upper arms etc as I know it will distort with weight change.

If you have any doubts then put your appointment back. The artist shouldn't grumble as I assume she has a deposit, and at the end of the day you need to be totally happy with your decision.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2014, 11:21 AM   #32
E666
Elliott

my mum and me have an understanding as long as i keep it to a long sleeve shirt idea so im able to work when im able to :) still didnt stop me getting a big spoon and a small yoghurt pot tattooed on the side of my leg ahahahah

E666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:13 AM   #33
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Elliott that sounds like a cute tattoo!

Sarah I feel exactly the same way about my tattoos. My dad says things like why would you do that to your skin but my skin has been through much worse! This is adding art to it (in my opinion).

I've booked in for next week :) It was a bit awkward between the tattooist and I but I think it is sorted and I'm trying to stay excited and not let worries about being socially awkward with her ruin it. Not looking forward to having to tell my dad it is booked but once I do that and I see the design I think I'm going to be even more excited.

It's going to be on my left leg on the outter side (my current is the right outter side). I thought front might be a bit full on.

Here goes! Not long!

Old 05-05-2014, 01:04 PM   #34
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

It'll be in one sitting, about 2.5 hours. Next Tuesday! Nearly just a week away!

I told Dad I was booked in and then I moved the conversation on swifty so he knows.

I can't wait to see the design, I really hope it does my puppy justice. And of course I will share!:D:D

Old 07-05-2014, 02:48 PM   #35
xxmoonxraverxx
Lilli, 18, Florida

I am currently:

When my girlfriend gets down here (to Florida, to clarify) I can get a butterfly project tattoo on my arm... She's 19 so I can just say she's my sister and I can get a tattoo... Maybe of a rose (its my middle name) or a butterfly..... Or a butterfly on a rose! :D

X X X X

|-/

xxmoonxraverxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:26 PM   #36
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale

I am currently:

Most decent tattoo places will insist on seeing your ID in order for you to get tattooed.
Also, what you want at 16 will not be what you want at 18. I know for a fact that if I had any of the tattoos done that I wanted at 16, I would regret it now for sure.

The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.

I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.

Leo Pard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:40 PM   #37
xxmoonxraverxx
Lilli, 18, Florida

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flem Fatale View Post
Most decent tattoo places will insist on seeing your ID in order for you to get tattooed.
Also, what you want at 16 will not be what you want at 18. I know for a fact that if I had any of the tattoos done that I wanted at 16, I would regret it now for sure.
true... But I've been wanting a tattoo of a rose for a while now. But I totally get what you mean.
Also, my mom said she would bring me to get one if I joined a roller derby team :D which actually sounds amazing

X X X X

|-/

xxmoonxraverxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)