RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 29-08-2007, 06:23 PM   #1
sapphire hearts
Maybe it's too late to live and feel safe

I am currently:
Triggering (SI) - Have to stop SI for school trip in October... cant!

I'm going on an art trip with my school to New York in October, and the school says that if I self harm between now and when we go I won't be allowed to come. Which sucks because I really want to go, but I also really want to cut. Everyone is saying to use the trip as a motivation not to cut, but even if I get through til October, I know that I'm going to cut then anyway, so I don't see the point!!
Sorry, not sure what I expected from this, just needed to rant.
x

Ask me mistakes I have made
Ask me whether what I have done is my life

Others have come, in their slow way -
And some have come to help, or to hurt -

Ask me what difference
Their strongest love or hate has made.

sapphire hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 29-08-2007, 06:27 PM   #2
Whispering_Voices
Feels Like I'm Losing Again

I am currently:

Well, no offenc, but how does the school know. They shouldn't have to know your own innermost feelings. But aside from that, do you feel you can do this? Do you feel you can not cut til october?

Whispering_Voices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 06:31 PM   #3
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

I agree, the school shouldn't be allowed to do that.
Maybe you could just take rubber bands with you?
*kisses*

xx <3 helen

EyelinerAndCigarettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 06:59 PM   #4
mclaren

I am currently:

First thing i will say is that the school has no right to tell you what you can and can not do while you are in your private home, even if that is cutting.

The school SHOULD be supporting you and making you feel safe, not giving you hard and possibly dangerous ultimatiums.

As asked above, how did the school know?

My advice to you, is if you do slip up, just do not mention to the school. If they ask, tell them you do not want to discuss it as it is personal, private and they should not ask an insenstitive question or you can say no and lie to them.

But please do not worry about this. If you want to stop cutting, then try and use this as motivation, but if you can't stop, then just don't tell them :)

Good luck though

mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 07:20 PM   #5
Animad

I agree with whats already been said. Your school don't have to know if you cut or not, you are under no obligation to do that if you don't want to and they don't have any rights to expect you to especcially as your private life should be just that, PRIVATE. If you are already thinking about stopping then yes, thiscould be good motivation to helping you stop, but if not then don't feel forced into it, that will only make you feel worse. Cutting is something that you can only really stop if you want to. Stopping has to be for you, not because you are being 'forced' to, no one should expect that.

Kim

Animad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 07:37 PM   #6
Tallie

I am currently:

completely agree, the school has no right to know any of this and force you into stopping when your clearly not ready. my mum and dad are pretty much forcing me to stop at the moment and thats just made me more determined to cut so i know what it feels like. but if you dont cut from now til october, thats going to be a really good achievement for you and youll be rewarded by your trip! and maybe if you make it that long, it might encourage you to go further?? sorry if this is totally irrelevant, im just going on holiday in october so im just repeating what im telling myself.

xxx

Tallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 08:07 PM   #7
sapphire hearts
Maybe it's too late to live and feel safe

I am currently:

Thanks guys, you're all right, they have no way of telling whether I've cut or not, I've just been panicking lately. As to how they know, it's a long story; my guidance teachers like to be 'involved' and someone told them years ago that I cut, and they've been bringing it up ever since. The thing is, one teacher I really like and am beginning to trust, so I tell her quite a lot, and I've suddenly started feeling a bit guilty for lying to her (totally not like me, lol). anyway, was just panic-posting. Sorry about that. Thanks for the advice everyone *hugs everyone*
xx

Ask me mistakes I have made
Ask me whether what I have done is my life

Others have come, in their slow way -
And some have come to help, or to hurt -

Ask me what difference
Their strongest love or hate has made.

sapphire hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 08:18 PM   #8
Ami
Perfectly Flawed

I am currently:

Hey
School shouldnt be forcing you into this decision. If you dont wanna give up for yourself then,you know. It might be a nice motivation to stop, but its upto you, not school to force you.
Have a great time in new york, its great! Im sure you'll enjoy it! xxx

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.

Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2007, 10:09 PM   #9
Amaryllis
Forum Mod

I am currently:

It would be nice if you could get through the trip without cutting. Perhaps you could limit your cutting? That might help. But also, the school should discriminate against you for cutting.

However, it does raise liability issues for the school if you cut while on the trip. So perhaps you could limit that so it's not really an issue. ( I don't say this to be mean, but to perhaps show you why they said what they said.)

Men come and go, but dust accumulates.

Amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2007, 08:03 PM   #10
sazybel
Me and my little black raincloud

I am currently:

my school said this before a trip but i don't remember them saying anything about it later on they didn't try and check either

sazybel is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)