RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-03-2010, 10:13 AM   #1
anabelleagain

I am currently:
Want to punish myself. *possible trig SI & ED*

This is weird... I was cleaning today and found a razorblade-- not mine, never seen it before, and it was just there, in my kitchen on the floor by the boxes we never got rid of after moving in.

In May it will be a year since. I'm proud of myself, and staying strong despite having gone off meds cold turkey and myriad of other issues. I recently became employed after months of unemployment. I have a good support system and I'm in therapy.

But, I have an eating problem. I keep gaining weight, and it's like a balloon... and it hurts. Physically. Emotionally. Psychologically. I've had the opposite problem (managing weight by restricting), and the bingeing seems to be a response to the "recovery"... Long story short, I want to slap myself out of it. I want to wag my finger at myself, but I can't.

I've actually been okay about eating habits lately, but it's not stopping the weight gain. Since I was a young girl I dreamed about cutting off the extra weight. Seeing the blade today, and having these feelings... not sure what I'm saying. I want to punish myself into losing weight, even though I'm doing better than I have in over a year.

How do I have the patience? How do I reason with myself that SI as punishment is just as bad as doing it for relief? I'm very confused right now, because I'm not exactly urging... yet I am in a different way...

anabelleagain is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 13-03-2010, 10:20 AM   #2
crazykat
Fight for another day

*Hugs* You don't need to punish yourself, try and focus instead oon how far you have come. If you are eating right but still gaining weight and worried about it perhaps it is something you could discuss with your doctor as there may be other reasons behind it. Hold on there hun, you will make it through this. Take care
Kat xxx

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)