Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #21
RedHorse

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
JEALOUS! I love Steven-O. He's lovely.

My meeting my favourite celeb is one of the best moments in my life. He's a Canadian musician and the first time I met him, I was 15 or so and had my guitar and was sat on the floor after his show. Now, this man is literally my hero... so I get VERY nervous around him! But he is so curteous... he sat on a table in front of me and asked me to play him something. So I played him the song that made him famous 30 years ago and he told me I did great.

My dad loves his music, so I've had the opportunity to meet him several times by going to shows. The next time I did, he was at his table signing CDs and I was stood there all nervous and he looked at me and said, "Come sit next to me, Eli.". So I did. I barely spoke to him the whole time. But I did. Haha.

The luck continues. Last summer, he played a show close to my city and I was kicking myself HARD for missing it. I kinda pushed it out of my mind and stopped thinking about it. One sunny day, I decided to go busk on main street and while I was sat playing along, who walks by me? Him. This time, I actually managed a conversation without turning into mush! It was so weird, ironic, messed up. I tried calling my dad a bajillion times before reaching him to share my excitement. lol
That is SO AWESOME! I would never be able to play guitar in front of my heros.. they're too good and well - I'm self taught plus I shake like a leaf when I play in front of anyone, so good on ya!

- xo, RedHorse

RedHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #22
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Want to meet Tim Curry so bad D:

Ive met a fair few famous people, my fav being Amy Lee I think ^_^ x

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #23
Field Of Paper Flowers
Random Hero

I've met Ian Watkins who is one of my heros and I was SO DAMN CLOSE to meeting Amy Lee when i saw Evanescence in November.

I've met the rest of Lostprophets too, which is awesome as I love them. Going to attempt to meet them again in April.

Field Of Paper Flowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 04:42 PM   #24
Scrabble.
[:

I am currently:

When i was a young 'un i was obsessed with McFLY..I have no idea why, but i was. And evetually i managed to be in the same place as them and met them. In a store signing. I said NOTHING, i just stared at them like a ****ing idiot. >.>

Ive met afew celebs since then, and i was slightly cooler about it.
Apart from when i *almost* met amy lee. I just went "OMG" in her face as she walked past..

tut.

x

<3

Scrabble. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #25
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
It's not a "wow, you're famous" thing. It's a "Wow, you're my hero. You've inspired me to be better at what I do, create and sing. You've helped further my love of music and expanded my knowledge and more and more and so on and so forth".
it differs, i know people who do the 'wow, youre famous thing', i didnt mena it to sound like i think everyone is like that with celebrities

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #26
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale

I am currently:

I also met Bill Murray at a baseball game once.

The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.

I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.

Leo Pard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #27
Dream Decending
Willow

I am currently:

I met Andrew Macmahon from Something Corporate/Jack's Mannequin and he was awesome! I was 16 at the time he stood around talking to us. And gave me a hug.

When I was 17 I met Bryan Adams and he was really awesome too, he signed my mum's CD for me. Thanks to him I got away with giving my mum her own CD for her birthday.

Feel the removal of desire and shame
It's the key to rebirth in a world slightly sane

Dream Decending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #28
Muir
Chat Mod

I am currently:

I'm not big into celebrities really, but I did photoshoots with The Thrills and The Blizzards. I didn't meet them, but the Spice Girls (who I loved at the time) drove past me & my niece in a limo and waved at us.

Muir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #29
Scrabble.
[:

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Femme Fatale View Post
I also met Bill Murray at a baseball game once.
BILL ****IN' MURRAY!

*ahem*

sorry, im anyone will get what i mean by that..

x

<3

Scrabble. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 10:26 PM   #30
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Maiden View Post
I don't even know enough celebrities to want to see one, in terms of having heard of them. People often say "have you seen film X with actors A, B and C?" and I reply with "I've never heard of A, B or C" because I don't read/watch any celebrity news. I just know the few celebrities the media makes a massive fuss about. But the rest (the majority) I cannot even recognise their names.
The same here. I dont watch things like TOWIE. In fact a nightmare gift would be a year's subscription to Heat magazine (I dont read things like that). Normally I dont buy or read celebrity autobiographies.

I like films because of their subject matter, not because a certain person has been in it, or directed it.

I have met an Olympic medalist, but only because he is a friend of the family, not because I went out of the way to see him especially or made a particular point of seeing him. He just happened to be at several weddings and various other family occasions.

I also met Martin O'Neill (football manager) in a lift once and didnt know who he was. I just wondered why the rest of the family were talking to some random stranger about football. I was thinking "how the f*** do they know this bloke likes football??"

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 11:04 PM   #31
Auragrace

I am currently:

My favourite was Sunetra sarker AKA Zoe Hanna because she is adorable and has always been there when I have been really down..She also replies 2 fanmail pretty quickly and I have had so many fun times at the old set.

Auragrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 11:22 PM   #32
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asura View Post
Somehow I expected your comment to be more like "OMFG HELEN BONHAM CARTER!!!11!!" I wonder how I might have gotten that idea... ^_^
Not a clue! :shifty:

Dont' get me wrong, I'd love to meet her. She's the reason I'm an actor and I'd love to hear ehr stories/learn from her. But I'm not about to do flapping around drooling going 'egiuhgiueskjhgnijksd' at her! :P

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 12:37 AM   #33
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

I picked up a 'celeb' gossip magazine the other day and I honestly knew about two people in the entire thing. =/

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)