Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 26-10-2017, 06:50 PM   #1
[Luna]

I am currently:
I feel really overwhelmed by everything

I feel like I'm drowning.
Life is really full on right now and I just feel really overwhelmed and under pressure all the time.
I don't really have much support so am making this thread because I could really use some support/encouragement at the moment and a place to vent.

I hope that's ok.
x

[Luna] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2017, 07:02 PM   #2
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

It is more than ok for you to have support here. Is there a reason why you're not getting much support offline? We are here to listen to you and support you as much as we can. If it helps to talk I'm here, although of course I don't have all the answers but I will listen.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2017, 07:30 PM   #3
[Luna]

I am currently:

Thank you, means a lot.

Mental health wise I have a support worker but she's not all that useful. She just tells me 'it's important to stay well' which, of course, I'm trying to do.

I have a couple of close friends locally but they have their own lives and a lot on their plates. I've lost a lot of friendships since becoming pregnant. A lot of people I thought I could rely on showed their true colours and it turns out they aren't actually the good friends I thought they were.

My wife is being amazing but she's pretty much as overwhelmed as I am.
Feel pretty isolated.

Old 26-10-2017, 07:35 PM   #4
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Do you think you'd be able to speak to your GP and let them know that you don't feel like you have enough support/the right type of support right now and maybe they can put something in place for you? I know there are often waiting lists and things but maybe even your GP could see you regularly for a while.

Old 26-10-2017, 07:46 PM   #5
[Luna]

I am currently:

They'll just tell me talk to my mental health team.

There's not much they can do I guess. A lot of it is just life piling on top of me.
Other things like struggling with sleep they said they can't do anything because they can't prescribe me anything.

I have lots of lists of things that need to get done, especially things that need to be done before the baby is born.
Money issues - trying to juggle finances.

i'm in a lot of pain from my pelvic girdle pain and other conditions. I've just found out I have gestational diabetes which is a lot to take on board. I've got lots of appointments coming up.

There are several other things but I don't want to keep rambling on.

Thank you for reading x

Old 26-10-2017, 08:36 PM   #6
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Sounds like you have so much going on right now. Does your support worker realise that she's not helping much and do you know what you might need that you could suggest to her? Keep 'rambling on' if it helps.

Old 28-10-2017, 10:34 AM   #7
[Luna]

I am currently:

I feel pretty horrendous. I'm tired, overwhelmed and in pain.
It feels so hard. Too hard sometimes.

Old 28-10-2017, 11:20 AM   #8
Harbour

I am currently:

I'm going to be a little big headed and assume that I'm one of your close local friends in which case - I do have a life but you are part of that life and if you want to chat/meet up/whatever.

It sounds like a really shitty time, and that's there's so much going. I don't have anything particularly useful to offer, but be as kind to yourself as possible, and keep reaching out, you aren't alone xxxxxxx

Harbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 07:43 PM   #9
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I hear you, life can feel like too much at times.

Old 29-10-2017, 10:51 AM   #10
[Luna]

I am currently:

Thank you both <3

I saw some friends yesterday which was really nice and helped but started having panic attacks during the night.

Today is quite a busy day, we're going to see and hopefully purchase a, desperately needed, new car. We've also got someone coming over to see one of the foster cats. I'm finding having the cats really stressful so I'm really hoping that this lady will take one or both of the cats.

It was this time last year when I was attacked and I've been trying not to think about it or put much significance on the time of year but things have been reminding me. It's not even the memories of the actual attack that are bothering me but the police investigation and giving forensic evidence and the aftermath. I hate feeling those feelings again.

Old 29-10-2017, 11:30 AM   #11
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

It's bound to be difficult for you to be reminded of everything that happened at this point last year. I think it's hard to ignore 'anniversaries' like this and I hope you can work through your emotions safely. I hope your day isn't overwhelming and you get things sorted with the car and the cat.

Old 30-10-2017, 08:55 PM   #12
[Luna]

I am currently:

Thank you <3

Yesterday was a long day. One of our foster cats has, all being well, a new home to go to on the 12th. We still need to find somewhere for the other one.
The car stuff is ongoing. We were in the car for 6 hours yesterday. I think my body is definitely paying for it.

I was really anxious and tense yesterday. I also was getting really intense urges to break my hand which haven't completely gone.

Today hasn't been great. I didn't have much on because the group with the diabetes nurse I was supposed to go to this morning was cancelled and there was a training day at work so I didn't need to go in.
I've been in a lot of pain and don't feel physically well. I feel dizzy, exhausted, have a splitting headache and breathless. My body feels like a dead weight. I have quite bad anaemia and forgot to take my tablets for a few days plus my wife did my blood pressure and it was a bit low.

I had a lot of horrible nightmares last night so didn't sleep well.

I feel really low and have spent much of today in bed. All I've managed to do is have a bath and change into clean PJs. Pathetic.
I have work tomorrow and I'm honestly dreading it so much.

Old 31-10-2017, 10:40 AM   #13
Juella
Valerie

I am currently:

Well done for getting through all those long, difficult days. You are being brave, a good person, and an awesome cat foster momma! Hopefully everything will resolve for you (and your cats) soon.

What causes you the most tension and anxiety? Is there anything that can ease those feelings? Can you talk to professionals about your self-harm urges and ask for help? I know your support worker usually isn't being terribly helpful, but maybe she can suggest something?

I'm sorry you're having a hard time at the moment. Hope things get better soon.
I think it might be worth a try just talking to your doctor about how you feel physically, especially if it doesn't get any better. Please, stay safe. Can you ask someone like your wife to remind you to take your tablets? It's important not to forget them too much.

If nightmares are something that bothers you a lot or repeatedly disturbs your sleep and leaves you tires, have you considered talking about it with your doctor? They might be able to help. Sometimes it takes a med change or some other simple thing to help you sleep better.

Hope you'll feel better soon. When you feel as low and exhausted taking a bath can already be a real achievement, so well done!
If you don't mind, tell us how did your work go.

Juella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2017, 07:34 PM   #14
[Luna]

I am currently:

Thank you for your response, I really appreciate it.

I left work early. I emailed this morning and said I'm not coping physically anymore and they were really lovely about it. I'm relieved about that.

I'm still feeling really, really low. I don't have any energy or motivated and I just feel dead. Everything feels like a huge effort. I'm still not feeling physically well either and I'm in a lot of pain. Today was another day where I spent a lot of it in bed.

I have a few appointments coming up with my midwife/support worker/psychiatrist this week and beginning of next week. I'll try and talk to them but I don't hold out much hope.

Thank you for the support guys, it's helping me to feel less alone xx

Old 31-10-2017, 07:48 PM   #15
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I'm glad work were ok with things. I hope you're able to speak to someone and get a bit of support.

Old 02-11-2017, 09:57 AM   #16
[Luna]

I am currently:

Thanks,

I feel a little bit better physically but still get tired very easily. The pain is still bad.
Does anyone have any non-medication suggestions for pain?

Still feeling really low and very anxious. I have my midwife appointment at 12.30 and I'm feeling very nervous. I keep panicking that there's something wrong with the baby. I'm scared they are going to say something in wrong.

Old 02-11-2017, 05:31 PM   #17
Rodolphus
#Azkafam

I am currently:

How did your appointment go? I hope they helped with some of your fears.

Use any braces or supports they've given you to help with joint support, keep moving Little and often so you don't seize up, use appropriate heat where you can (I wouldn't use ice/cold packs unless it's a recent acute injury) and stretch. Can your midwife advise anything that might help?

Now I'll play your ghost as my ace, whenever I'm led astray.
But I am actually good, can't help it if we're tilted.
I'm in my right place, don't be a downer.

Rodolphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 11:38 PM   #18
ChocolateMarvel

I am currently:

How did midwife go lovely? You can always message me as you are really important to me and I'm not on here very often. I am **** with words but love u loads xxxx

ChocolateMarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 11:39 PM   #19
ChocolateMarvel

I am currently:

Haha forgot swear word filter... sorry!

ChocolateMarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 09:13 PM   #20
[Luna]

I am currently:

Thank you Marie for the really good suggestions. I find using my walking stick helps, I still struggle to walk more than short distances though. I must really try to remember to do my physio exercises everyday.

Thank you both for your kind responses.

It went ok with the midwife, things seem to be going fine.
I had my growth scan this afternoon and they did a 3D scan because my wife works for the hospital. It was so beautiful and I couldn't stop smiling. They said he was measuring a bit big so will keep an eye on that.

I have my second glucose tolerance test on wednesday as there was a mistake with the first one. I really hope I don't have gestational diabetes. It is worrying me quite a bit.

I'm so exhausted. I'm not sleeping well.
I'm really struggling with my mood and anxiety. I don't really know what to do about it. xx

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)