RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Closed Thread
Old 08-02-2008, 08:10 AM   #1
coma
faking a smile once again

I am currently:
how to hide cuts?

I just broke after a year and five months, and I don't want any of my friends or my boyfriend to see my cuts. I don't want to worry them. They'd try to make me stop again, and honestly, I'm not ready for another attempt at recovery. I need it right now to get through life without just completely breaking down. I don't even want my therapist to know, because he'll want me to stop, but I really have no choice but to tell him. The only person who knows is my roommate who used to cut.

So, how do you guys hide your cuts? I cut on my upper arm. If I wear long sleeves, it'll be fine, but I like wearing short sleeves every once in awhile, especially if it'll be getting warmer soon. My boyfriend knows I used to do it and that I've been having thoughts, so he'd get suspicious if I wore long sleeves all the time. I'm worried because we change together sometimes. Is there any kind of make-up I can use? I'm extremely fair-skinned. I might go bracelet shopping as soon as I can.

I'm hoping this question is allowed. I really need advice. I've never cut on my arms before.

The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours- it is an amazing journey- and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.
~Bob Moawad

Old 08-02-2008, 08:51 AM   #2
LANA

aw *big hugs* i hope you are ok hun...whats happened to make you start up again?...if you want to talk or anything i'm here... WELL DONE ON GOING FOR A YEAR AND A HALF WITHOUT SH THAT IS AMAZING HUN *HUGS* sorry that you are feeling this way and had to cut hope you are ok...

when i need to hide my cuts i use tubi grib cos then you can just say you have sparined your arm muscle or something...or makeup but yours will be too fresh for makeup to work darl so i'd think the only thing to hide them would be long shirts and/or tubi grib you can pick it up froma chemist and it's not that expensive and you can reuse it anytime you need too as well cos it's material!!!

please be safe
take care and pm me anytime
lana
xoxo

Old 08-02-2008, 09:23 AM   #3
Animad

With cuts you can't use anything apart from dressings and such. You could put a bandage over them and say you've sprained a muscle or have them coming down over your elbow too (depending how high up the are) and sayy you've hurt your elbow. Otherwise the best way is to keep them covered with your clothing for the moment but I don't know what the weather's like where you are.

Once the cuts have healed you could see if make-up works but you can only use that once cuts have healed or they will cause infections or just worsen healing, both of which I'm sure you don't want.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:00 AM   #4
13ofApril
Seme-Kun

I am currently:

Blush once it's done healing...

Wristbands[classic], I collect watches myself. ones with the big faces are really good. I just recently baught armwarmers. They are HAWTT! and they work really well too...

Now waking to the sun~I calculate what I had done~Like jumping from the bow (yeah)~Just to prove I knew how (yeah)~It's midnight's late reminder of~The loss of her, the one I love~My will to quickly end it all~Set front row in my need to fall~Into the ocean, end it all
~In love with lilmum~
~miss understud my bandaid buddy~
~Adopted by:ConcreteAngel~

Old 09-02-2008, 12:12 AM   #5
Infected Mushroom
~your love is razorblade~

I am currently:

im really sorry that you are going through a tough time right now...
but not cutting in just under 1 and a half years is amazing. proud of you.

depending on how many there are you can try one of those arm cuffs. bangles for the top of your arm instead of your wrist.

try layring clothes so you can wear long sleeved tops underneath short sleeved tops. a bit of variation ..so it doesn't look too suspicious.

as for changing in front of him...i think you just have to try and avoid this or face your arm away from him because putting make up on fresh cuts is not a good idea.

if you go out and are leaving your arms bare you can cover them up with a pashmina or a large scarf and tie it at the front of you (with a few safety pins here and there).

wear a shrug until they heal.

hope it helps and good luck with it.
stay safe xx

Old 09-02-2008, 12:55 AM   #6
Mouse81

I am currently:

I couldn't find one that matched for me, I'm fair skinned but not SUPER fair. But I tried dermablend. It covers but it just takes finding the right shade. It was so embarrassing asking this girl to help me because I couldn't do it myself. If you can suck it up and do that, it might work.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:01 AM   #7
coma

I am currently:

The reason why I started up again was because the stress of college has been getting to me. I have almost no friends, I'm apathetic, was feeling suicidal, my grades suck, no motivation, I cry when I should be doing homework, the like. I needed something to help me deal with it. I'm too depressed right now. And two days before was the two year anniversary of the day I was going to kill myself (the fifth.) I just didn't want to completely break like I was close to doing.

I feel guilty and relieved about cutting after almost a year and a half. The worst part is going to be telling my therapist. I don't want to see the disappointed look on his face.

I really hope it doesn't start getting warm soon. The weather is confusing here. Some days it's about 55 degrees and sometimes it's below freezing. It's 47 now. According to MSN, it's supposed to be long-sleeve weather for the next few days. And I figure that I can leave my shirt on to sleep in with my boyfriend. But if I were to cut on my legs, I'm screwed. Don't know how that's going to work. I guess I can turn away for that?

I'm tempted to ask the make-up counter, but that's so embarrassing. I'd have to go over a few towns They're really not that far from each other. Where I live is pretty small. I'm really pale. I haven't found anyone paler than me, seriously. I also have extremely small arms, so I can't wear normal bracelets, but I could have some links taken out. I was making a safety pin bracelet at one point, but didn't finish it.

Layering. That's a good idea. I'm trying to change my style up a little bit, anyways. Same with the scarves.

I like all of your ideas. I might go shopping this weekend, even though I'm pretty broke.

I see my bf in a week. Do you think they'll be healed by then? That'll make things easier. We're supposed to go clothes shopping to use up some of my gift cards, so I don't want him to see anything. I might tell the person we're going with because she knows I used to. She can cover for me or give me make-up. It helps to know a cosmetologist who has insane amounts of make-up and tricks.

The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours- it is an amazing journey- and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.
~Bob Moawad

Old 10-02-2008, 09:42 AM   #8
_plastic

Hey dear ,

I hope that you can check this Link It has helpful ideas about how to hide the cuts .
I really hope that you can tell your therapist about it , he/she will help you to beat it , you can't depend on SI to cope with your problems , It's so unhealthy and dangerous .

Please take care of yourself dear ,
Roby x

A little angel fell into my arms at the 7th of december 2010
xx Angel my babysisterxx

Old 10-02-2008, 08:57 PM   #9
coma

I am currently:

I saw that thread right after I posted my last comment. Oops.

~Bob Moawad

Old 20-04-2009, 10:57 PM   #10
xflutterbyex
Shadow of a Butterfly

I am currently:

if u fair skinned u could buy a couple of thin cotton long sleeve tops and wear a vest top and one of those on top open and just say u are worried bout sun burn

"Imagine me being free trusting you totally, finally I can... I can imagine me...
...over what my momma said,
And healed from my daddy did,
I want to live,
And not read this page again...
I can imagine me."

Kirk Franklin ~ Imagine Me

Old 20-06-2009, 02:42 AM   #11
XDignityX
XDignityX

I am currently:

I'm really sorry that you feel this way, but I'm so glad you went a whole year and a half without cutting! I know you will overcome this hard time and even though at times it may not seem worth it, no stress, problems, or conflicts are worth your life.

I also have a therapist and I hate telling her when I do things and she gives me that look like "What was going through your head?" but she has helped me so much. Even though I haven't completely stopped, but I've improved so much with her help.

When my parents found out I was cutting, they demanded to see them. I had to make them look better so I scrubbed them in the shower with one of those poofy thingys and some soap and they looked so much better! (I had 17 cuts on my wrist). Then I used a liquid band aid thing and that sped up the healing process as well. Vitamin E and Cocoa Butter also help and I heard Vitamin K also helps. 6 months later and there is absolutely no sign of scars or any evidence that I had ever cut.

Those glovet kind of things are really great for hiding any on your arms (or you could use a legwarmer I guess) and they don't look suspicious whatsoever! Also hair ties look completely inconspicuous.

Hope I helped
I wish you the best of luck hun and take care
Resist cutting, i know its hard, but its for the better =)
XOX

Old 20-06-2009, 12:33 PM   #12
akita

I am currently:

Zombie thread guys.

Old 20-06-2009, 01:25 PM   #13
Dan
Beyond Repair.

I am currently:

Hahaha.

On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Old 20-06-2009, 01:34 PM   #14
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rose View Post
Zombie thread guys.
so closed

Something Special.

Closed Thread

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)