RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2010, 11:24 PM   #1
~Jo~

I am currently:
THE CUTTING CLUB - anyone remember?

Just wondering if anyone remembers the channel 4 doc, aired in 2006 called the cutting club, about this website?

I watched in then and thats how i found out about the website. Been trying to find something online to watch it again? Doesnt anyone know of anywhere you can see it again?

x x

Theres no one here to talk to and the pain inside is making me numb.

"They dont have meetings about rainbows..."

"How will you know I'm hurting if you cannot see my pain,
to wear it on my body tells what words cannot explain" C.Blout

~Jo~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:10 AM   #2
HopeRises

I don't have a clue where you'd find it..I'm sure its out there somewhere though.

I was thinking about 'the cutting club' earlier today actually before I saw this thread haha..great minds think alike.

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:25 AM   #3
Bitter_Angel
*First Aid Advisor*

I am currently:

*awaits angry mob*

Last I knew a bad copy can be found on myspace. Also from what I remember it can be found frequently on teachers tv.

Eva. Gone, but never forgotten 27.3.10

Bitter_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:26 AM   #4
HopeRises

I don't know if there is any of the 'angry mob' still about is there Kim? *shrugs* I don't actually know who the angry mob really are haha..god my brain is mushy..

wowooeee

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:48 AM   #5
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

i have a poor quality version, last i remember not allowed to post link, but pm me for it.
mand x

edit... not allowed, sorry.

Last edited by Mandimoo : 09-02-2010 at 01:20 AM.

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:30 AM   #6
Animad

Surely if you're not allowed to post the link you're not supposed to get it via pm neither.

I think the reason it's so hard to find (though this may be wrong) is that it was only supposed to be featured a certain number of times, maybe only the once. Hence the 'angry mob' kim mentioned as people on here who were in it don't like that people keep watching it/ it's been aired more as well as other things.

Animad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:48 AM   #7
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animad View Post
Surely if you're not allowed to post the link you're not supposed to get it via pm neither.

I think the reason it's so hard to find (though this may be wrong) is that it was only supposed to be featured a certain number of times, maybe only the once. Hence the 'angry mob' kim mentioned as people on here who were in it don't like that people keep watching it/ it's been aired more as well as other things.

I agree with both these statements.

Just regarding the footage of this, the last time the video was posted the moderators did remove it, on the basis that it is a very triggering video and therefore breaks our rules of posting. We are also very aware it would be upsetting and triggering to those who featured in it, as it was filmed years ago now, and I think out of respect for those members (and the fact it is triggering, in general) it should not be reposted here.

There are also copyright issues within the video and certainly RYL hosting it given we did not produce or make it, and it was not meant to be aired more than three or so times on channel four.

I would please suggest that members do not share this video over RYL - quite simply, it does break the rules of posting given the images of tools and cuts and things of graphic/triggering nature.

Sorry to crash the party - but please do not post it here or share via PM, given we have said the posting is against the rules.

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:03 AM   #8
Jelly Fairy
A girl's best friend is always a horse....

I am currently:

Have to agree with all of the above. I'm close friends with one of the people in the film and know they were getting a bit fed up of it keeping reappearing. It was filmed years ago and all the people in it have now moved on - it's not fair on them to keep dragging up their past.

Jelly Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:23 PM   #9
~Jo~

I am currently:

Hey sorry I wasnt meant to upset anyone. I just rememberd really liking the fact that there was a programme on SH it as its a very taboo subject and thot it might be helpful for my boyfriend to watch it to help him understand.

I agree with the above also tho, that it was made a while ago and people change and move on etc, but it wasnt intended to offend or upset anyone, purely that i thought it was a good programme and i wanted to see it again thats all. I don't know any of the people in it, just that it meant alot to me at the time. Thanx for the replies tho guys :)

Theres no one here to talk to and the pain inside is making me numb.

"They dont have meetings about rainbows..."

"How will you know I'm hurting if you cannot see my pain,
to wear it on my body tells what words cannot explain" C.Blout

~Jo~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:20 AM   #10
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

just out of interest, is there anyone who was in it still use ryl? Ash maybe?

mand x

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:15 AM   #11
Bitter_Angel
*First Aid Advisor*

I am currently:

There are a few other documentaries that are more recent about SH. (I cant rememebr the names off the top of my head) but perhaps if you are looking for a doco these might be more useful.

Eva. Gone, but never forgotten 27.3.10

Bitter_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)