Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 28-06-2012, 11:21 PM   #1
djpoetry

I am currently:
Fighting For My Freedom

Fighting For My Freedom

Hello,

It's been six years since I cut myself. I got sober in 2006 and in desperation, I cried out to God and asked Him why did I keep destroying myself. Well, over time, He began to open my eyes to the reality of my pain, little by little. As I now view it, it would have been to overwhelming to open my eyes all at once. I came to realize that so many of my problems had to do with my very real, unhealthy, frustrating relationship with my mother. My mother had polio as a child and had major self-esteem problems. I, on the other hand, was a very intelligent and creative child. She could not cope with me and felt threatened by me and decided to destroy my spirit. She did and said so many hurtful, demeaning and critical things to me, that I became belligerent and began committing all kinds of self-destructive acts. I am so grateful, that I am getting better. I am beginning to allow myself to feel the anger and truthfully hate, towards my mother. I am not going to allow her craziness to continue to destroy my life. I am actually a psych major, which has also helped me to uncover the reasons for my pain. I always felt and still do to a certain degree, responsible for my mother's well being. I see so much of her inadequacy and I am always trying to fix it. I am nearing the finish line. God did not create me to live a sad and miserable life. He brought me here to experience joy, peace and love. The only good that will come out of this, is that I now have the wisdom to help others who struggle like I did. God bless you all. It is about learning to love and trust ourselves, knowing that we are valuable, no matter what others have convinced us of.

djpoetry is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Hugs Given By :
Old 08-08-2012, 01:27 AM   #2
emmasmith

I am currently:

it's great your managing to work through your problems. and i'm glad you've found hope from the lord, i hope you can now move on and live a full and happy life. and maybe one day you'll be able to forgive your mother, but for now it's just good that you've realized that you can be happy even if someone does try and break you down. good luck and god bless x

Never forget what is worth remembering or remember what is best forgotten.xxx

pm me anytime, always up for giving advice x

emmasmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2012, 11:53 PM   #3
Porcelain Child
The Name Is Claire..

I am currently:

Really glad that are managing your problems.. Keep it up!!

Porcelain Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2012, 01:26 AM   #4
GlitterTrashDoll
eZine Editor

I am currently:

It's great to hear that you are managing through your problems!

DILLIGAF

"it’s when you’re acting selflessly, that you are at your bravest"
- Four.
CTFxC'er forever.

GlitterTrashDoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)