RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 17-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
Pikachu

I am currently:
Getting help?

I'm in two minds about getting help and moving on.
Part of me wants to get over my past, and stop self harming. I have starting having mild panic attacks and visions/imagining bumping into or seeing my ex (who physically abused me) and I want it to stop.. I want to stop being scared, but I can't carry on alone.
But part of me just can't imagine ever telling someone about my feelings/thoughs and about whats happened. I can imagine going to see someone for help and just sitting there not saying anything.
I'm just not sure what to do?
If councelling or something similar worth it? Does it help? Does it become easier to talk to people?

Pikachu is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 19-08-2012, 01:07 AM   #2
Tig

Hey,

I can relate to being in two minds about getting help. Getting help and recovery is very scary because as much as it is distressing to be stuck with the difficulties we are faced with, it is also petrifying to imagining opening up to somebody and moving out of that sort of "safety" zone.

I do think counselling or similar is worth it and I definitely believe it can help people. In my experience, it does become easier to talk with people. You will usually have a designated counsellor so it is not as if you are having to learn to trust new people all the time, it will just be one person and that does make it easier.

I have found counselling very helpful in understanding myself and whilst I am not totally recovered yet, I have come a long way through having therapy.

x

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)