RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 08-06-2017, 10:22 PM   #1
Voldemort

Marsipan protocol

Does anyone have any experience with this particular programme? Does anyone know the grounds on which you can be sectioned for an eating disorder?

This isn't for me, but someone else. Thanks in advance if anyone knows.

Voldemort is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 09-06-2017, 07:56 AM   #2
Wonderland.

I don't know from personal experience but this link may be helpful to read.

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 08:36 AM   #3
Epicene

I am currently:

A good friend of mine was threatened with section when he refused potassium. So I would say you can be sectioned if you're at risk of death and youre unwilling to accept treatment.

Epicene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:54 AM   #4
Voldemort

Thanks all.

She was referred to the general hospital for some problems with confusion and weakness and was willing to comply with them and get treatment etc. They've since threatened to section her if she doesn't comply with all their rules, which seems insane as the rules are there for people actively engaging with ED behaviours, which she's really not.

She's being tube fed and not allowed anything by mouth. No water, no food. She's hungry and isn't allowed to eat! She's not allowed a book, laptop, pen and paper or anything even though she's agreed to bed rest and using a commode and everything. It seems highly unfair as she was willing to work with them and they're just steam rolling her. Her weight is low but as I say, she was willing to work with them to gain a bit of weight but this whole situation is making the ED thoughts stronger, where they weren't before.

They say they can section her on medical grounds but her bloods and heart are fine. Their reasoning is that it's because they're making them ok. I don't see it. Idk. I'm very frustrated because I can see this ending in an actual relapse for her. They're ignoring the fact that what started the weight loss was the fact that she couldn't hold food down due to stomach problems, not ED behaviour.

Old 09-06-2017, 11:20 AM   #5
Voldemort

She's in Ireland. I think she has the number of a lawyer who will hopefully point her in the direction of someone who can help. The problem is that there's not really any money to pay any kind of mh lawyer about this and she will only get legal counsel if she's actually sectioned, which we're trying to avoid.

The not having anything to occupy her is in case she burns micro calories or some ****. Which again, I'd understand if she were actively trying to lose weight, but she's not at risk of those behaviours. Well. She will be soon.

Old 09-06-2017, 11:23 AM   #6
Voldemort

Just had a message from her. A lawyer is going in today to try and sort out some freedom for her or something. I'm not entirely sure how this will pan out but we shall see.

Old 10-06-2017, 01:20 AM   #7
Voldemort

Thanks Irene. She found out today that she wasn't medically unstable so couldn't be kept on a section, nor was her bmi low enough to section her either so she's discharged herself ama.

Old 10-06-2017, 02:52 PM   #8
Voldemort

Thanks so much for your help. We kind of have a plan. Went out today and bought a load of vitamins and supplements for her heart and body. She's agreed to try a nutrition drink alongside her meals to keep up her nutrients and will hopefully aim to gain a little. She doesn't want to but I think it's necessary.

Got her a dominos pizza last night to celebrate her escape. I'm such a good influence. :/

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)