RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 05-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #5341
Popple

I went back to hospital on Saturday and had another blood test, they phone at 9pm to say that my HCG had gone up but not doubled. It was from roughly 19,000 to 25,000. She said there was no chance at all that this pregnancy will progress and that I will either miscarry or it will be ectopic. I don't know what to think now. I don't believe her, everything I have read says when your numbers are that high they take longer than 48 hours to double anyway but she was insistent that it was bad. I have no pain or bleeding, my pregnancy symptoms are back and I feel fine.

I have to go back to hospital today for another blood test if it has gone up again then she said it will mean it is probably ectopic and they will do another ultrasound to try and find it. I am going to try and get them to do another ultrasound today. I don't want to believe her, I feel fine. If they offer us treatment to start the miscarriage we are going to refuse because neither of us want to believe it.

You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Popple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #5342
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

Chloe's saying daddy doesn't have a toilet either which can't be right. Will text him.

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:48 AM   #5343
Popple

I hope he will speak to you Mand you need to know whats going on, it is only fair if you are sending the girls there.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #5344
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

Just seen your post hun, just be carefl coz if it is ectooic waiting could mean surgery and damage to your ovary/tube making subsequent conception harder. Im thinking of you x

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.

Mand x

Old 05-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #5345
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

big hugs Katy

thinking of you xxx

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #5346
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

Oh Katy I'm sorry.

We were offered a chemical MC too and we refused asxwe still had a tiny bit of hope but I suffered physically because of it so really carefully think about it. Maybe see what happens after the next blood testcuddles. Xxx

Something Special.

Mrs Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #5347
squirrelspit

I am currently:

Thinking of you Katy.

xx

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:43 PM   #5348
Popple

We may have had a miracle! Just got back from the hospital and they have completely ruled out ectopic pregnancy! The nurse I saw said that the woman who phoned was wrong and that my hormone levels look good even though they haven't gone up massively. They did another ultrasound and the sac has grown and there is a yolk sac in it! It is not a baby yet but it is progress which the woman on Saturday said there wouldn't be. There is still a chance of miscarriage but everything looks really good and so we just have to wait and see.

I can't even begin to get my head round what has happened in the last few days. I spent Saturday night in tears because I was told I had no baby and now everything is okay. I really want to smack the nurse who phoned on Saturday for putting us through so much pain. Crossing my fingers now for Monday when we will have another ultrasound. Hopefully there will be a baby then but at the very least more progress. Thank you all for your kind messages.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:56 PM   #5349
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

Just 1 day at a time ok? Possibly the woman knows what happens in 99% of cases but you're the 1% and nurse could see that with the u/s in front of her? Will be thinking of you still!

Mand x

Old 05-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #5350
Popple

Thanks yeah I am trying not to get too happy but two nurses have told us today that everything already looks perfectly normal my hormones and scan so the woman on Saturday was completely wrong and inappropriate to say that as it was based on my hormone levels not doubling which is normal when they are as high as mine are.

They said because I probably ovulate late then my dates can easily be off but even if they aren't they don't scan before 7 weeks unless there is a risk of ectopic because of how unreliable they are.

I don't want to get my hopes up after how we felt on Saturday but I am just glad to have enough hope to get me through till next Monday.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #5351
Zedebee
It's okay not to be okay

*prods the silly nurse* Thinking of you Katy. Try and stray calm as you can for your little bubba <3

The only time you will find real light is when you're searching in the dark..

Zedebee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:21 PM   #5352
Popple

Thank you <3

Old 05-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #5353
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

Katy good luck Hun. I hope everything turns out ok for you.

Mand I think uou need to clarify the living arrangements before the kids go back. I can't imagine there is no bathroom though so maybe daddy was just being lazy and not washing them?

Elliot is now sleeping through (from around 8-7) and today was day 4 of solids. So far he's loving it! He eats so naturally off a spoon literally from te first mouthful. It's amazing. He's getting a proper personailty too. It's so cute.

Something Special.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #5354
Sunshine
This girl just cant take it anymore

I am currently:

Oh wow he's on solids? My LO is a few weeks older then yours and the health visitor has told us to keep him on milk until he is 6 months! So still another 1 and a bit months to go!

My son is still being really sick :( I really want to get our appointment for the paediatricians soon because its starting to hurt him quite abit and although he gained 3 ounces (which is better the loosing weight like the week before) its still not a lot at all! He is in the 2nd centile.

Sorry to hear what's happened mandi.

I'm glad things are looking up pixie

My Angels
Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990

I want to live, not merely survive

Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:28 PM   #5355
Beautifully Broken
Even The Best Fall Down Sometimes.

Katy, thinking of you!

Sunshine, did your HV give you a reason as to why you have to wait until 6 months? 6 months is the recommended weaning age, but you can start at 17 weeks (or so I was told). I started when Faith was 19 weeks, she took to it naturally as well but just had problems with her eating meats.

Mandi, did you hear back from Matt?

Beautifully Broken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #5356
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

Yeah i know hes a bit young but he was totally ready for it. so pleased we did now as he is so much more satisfied! I'm not going to tell my HV just yet though haha as i'm a bit scared of her. Figured i'll tell her in 4 weeks at his next weigh in.

Something Special.

Old 06-03-2012, 03:52 AM   #5357
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)

thinking of you katy <333333

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:24 AM   #5358
Beautifully Broken
Even The Best Fall Down Sometimes.

How old is Elliot now, Sam?

Beautifully Broken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #5359
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

Have heard nothing back from matt, the kids don't get a bath/shower daily as it dries their skin, but i wipe them over with a flannel before bed and clean their teeth, maybe he brought flsnnel'snd toothbrushes to them. Who knows.next one is mothers day so no idea what we'll do then.

Mand x

Old 06-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #5360
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

He's 16 weeks on Thursday. But was totally ready. Plus he's big for his age anyway (is well over a stone) and was only 6,6 born so more than double. He feeds off the spoon as if he's done it all his life and hasn't coughed or spat it out once.

Something Special.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)