RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 25-03-2018, 02:06 AM   #1
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:
ebay help - pending payment

A little advice here. I have bought an item from eBay and it says payment pending. I have never had it before and there was sufficient funds in the bank account. I have made two PayPal payments since one for 25p less than what the pending payment for and one for a fiver more than what the pending payment for. Both were business sellers (I don't know if that makes a difference) however the pending payment is a private seller. Both have cleared.
They have only sold 4 items on their account none recently as their latest seller feedback was in 2009. I did notice that they sold other items at the same time as when I won the item however nobody has left feedback so I am guessing that their other payments are pending too.

What could cause a payment to be pending on ebay? I have sent a message to the seller saying that they may need to manually accept the payment in their PayPal account in order to them to get the funds. Am I right in thinking that ebay puts a block on new sellers and that they must send me the item and that I must leave feedback before PayPal releases the funds? Also how long do I have to wait until the eBay transaction is cancelled or if I don't get the item then I must file a claim to get my money back?

I have been buying on ebay since 2000 and never had this problem before. I recently sold an item on eBay and got the funds ok so I doubt that it's a problem my end.

Last edited by not_so_insig : 25-03-2018 at 02:14 AM.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 12:07 PM   #2
not_so_insig

I am currently:

Having checked my PayPal account last night it said that they needed to accept the payment and that they haven't accepted it yet. I sent them a message saying that they need to accept payment and that they need to change their account settings to accept bank funded PayPal payments otherwise they will have this problem each time they sell on ebay. I am pissed off because I have helped them to get their money and not even a thankyou. So as long as I get my goods and they're as described then I will be happy. Just mark them down on their communication. Anyway I am glad that it's nothing that I have done.

Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic

Old 08-04-2018, 04:11 AM   #3
Auror.
Camden

Yea, as you said, it's on the seller at this point. Sometimes they have to manually accept, sometimes it won't go out of pending until the item ships, it's really just a lot of factors on the seller's end, not yours. (I've sold a few things on ebay before as well as bought things, and honestly much prefer amazon these days.)

Sorry you've had rotten luck contacting the seller, I hope it turns out okay!

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 07:06 PM   #4
not_so_insig

I am currently:

Thanks Camden. I have had my item now and have left feedback. I had to chase them to leave feedback. I marked them down on communication and I will be hesitating to buy from them again. I mean how hard is it to say "thanks for helping me out". Not very

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)