Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 10-07-2008, 07:56 PM   #21
xColdxBleedx
Hate, such a weak word

I am currently:

Anyone heard any of the new stuff? Psychosocial i think is really good, but the other one is that crap i cant even remember the name. Ive loved slipknot for 9 years and obviously they'll never release anything as good as self titled, but i have high hopes for the new album after hearing psychosocial. All hope is gone will not be close to the brilliance of self titled, but if psychosocial is one of the weaker songs on the album it will be brilliant, and i hope for the best, they got better than iowa with vol 3, so hopefully they can go one step better. As for touring they'll probably be here around december time for a full tour, or i hope, been too long since they were last here :(.

xColdxBleedx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:07 PM   #22
Douglass
FTW

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xColdxBleedx View Post
Anyone heard any of the new stuff? Psychosocial i think is really good, but the other one is that crap i cant even remember the name. Ive loved slipknot for 9 years and obviously they'll never release anything as good as self titled, but i have high hopes for the new album after hearing psychosocial. All hope is gone will not be close to the brilliance of self titled, but if psychosocial is one of the weaker songs on the album it will be brilliant, and i hope for the best, they got better than iowa with vol 3, so hopefully they can go one step better. As for touring they'll probably be here around december time for a full tour, or i hope, been too long since they were last here :(.
Thats pretty much my opinion and all

Let me be the one you call
If you jump i'll break your fall
Lift you up and fly away with you into the night
If you need to fall apart
I can mend a broken heart
If you need to crash then crash and burn
YOU'RE NOT ALONE

Douglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:41 PM   #23
DVM
These 4 Walls Can't Contain Me For Long.

I am currently:

From what i have heard of the record being just two singles i think this album will be very heavy, a lot of the songs titles are shaping it up to be equally as heavy throughout. With titles such as "Vendetta", "Butchers Hook" and "Gematria (The Killing Name)" the album song wise looks to be heavy which is great, they need a Meshuggah like track on there though especially after the end of "Psychosocial". Overall from what i have heard i like it all but most of Slipknot's studio stuff is strong, where is counts is live i didn't like the sound of Vol 3 live it didn't pack the energy of IOWA. Maybe i'm biased since i saw them tour IOWA live in London so that maybe why haha.

DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 01:07 PM   #24
Douglass
FTW

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVM View Post
they need a Meshuggah like track on there though especially after the end of "Psychosocial".
Should do a cover of Soul Burn, I would love that!

YOU'RE NOT ALONE

Old 14-07-2008, 07:37 PM   #25
Douglass
FTW

I am currently:

The band will follow Mayhem with a handful of festivals in Europe, beginning with the U.K. fests Reading and Leeds.

The band returns stateside in September before visiting Japan, Australia and New Zealand to headline arenas in October.

In November, Slipknot flies to Moscow for a headlining gig, which launches another arena tour in the United Kingdom through the end of December.

In 2009, Slipknot will play arenas in North America, followed by visits to the Pacific Rim, South America, Mexico and possibly China

YOU'RE NOT ALONE

Old 18-07-2008, 07:10 PM   #26
DVM

I am currently:

Ah thats awesome i am sure Corey loves the Arena tour in the UK at Christmas, he loves this place and loves Christmas so his best shows of the tour will probably be in the UK.

Old 22-07-2008, 06:48 AM   #27
JumpinJackFlash
He who fights with monsters.

I am currently:

The following content has been hidden - Reason : Just because I can

Even though they're like the only big thing to come out of my state, I don't like them, not that they're not bad to listen to, they're good there, but they have 8 people honestly that's what ruins the band for me having 8 people, 5 is pushing it and 8, come on now seriously.

So help me god if someone argues with me...

JumpinJackFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 02:34 PM   #28
DVM

I am currently:

I sorta agree especially live when Shawn and Chris are just walking around the stage because they have nothing to do as Joey is more than capable of carrying the band along on the drumming front, they have Sid as a DJ so they don't need Craig on samples as i am sure Sid is more than capable of finding some samples. Overall they could get the same sound out of 6 members, i keep the 2 guitarists a they do have multi layered guitars like a thrash metal band, but their whole gimmick is the visceral and overwhelming sound that no other band can produce. All 9 have a certain purpose and live they all do something at some point, on the studio albums though not as much as it all blends.

PS. Having "So help me god if someone argues with me..." in your post is not necessary as we are all friends here, i do not know what you were expecting, but its your opinion and i respect that as should anyone else, i hope you respect mine but you don't have to of course. But having that in your post is just an un necessary component, so what if someone argues with you i would likely see it as a debate. We are all different and we all like different things, adding that to your post makes it seem like you were looking for an argument.

Last edited by DVM : 23-07-2008 at 02:39 PM.

Old 23-07-2008, 07:06 PM   #29
Shu
Doing the unstuck

I am currently:

Just ordered our tickets for the Mayhem festival. <3

I'm excited. Scared of dying in a pit, but excited.

Slipknot, Disturbed, Suicide Silence, and Underoath.

All is well in my musical world; now, if only I can see The Cure again...

7+ Years

Shu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 06:35 PM   #30
xColdxBleedx
Hate, such a weak word

I am currently:

Confirmed support is looking rather sexy i must admit, children of bodom *bows*

xColdxBleedx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2008, 11:39 AM   #31
gypsyroselee
a lack of colour.

I am currently:

i really like psychosocial.haven't heard anything else of the new album. but i have a bit of a soft spot [if that's possible] for slipknot.

I roll over and hold on tightly, and whisper "If they want you, they're gonna have to fight me,"

gypsyroselee is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)