RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2013, 07:13 AM   #1
Heelloo

I am currently:
Obsessed with Recovery?

Hi All,

I'm kinda new to all this and not exactly sure how it all works but you all seem very supportive :)

I'm am ex-self harmer..and have been for 4/5 months. I'm heaps happier than I was and blah blah blah.

My point of this post is to see if anyone else has almost become obsessed with recovery? I can't stop looking up recovery posts on Tumblr, going on different forums reading people's stories of self harm and self harm recovery, watching YouTube clips of how to get rid of scars, looking up inspirational quotes, buying scar removal oil and stuff....like I feel like self harm is on my mind just as much as when I was actually harming!!

It's not a massive problem but I was just wondering if anyone else feels/has felt this way...

Thanks in advance!

Liza xxx

Heelloo is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 24-02-2013, 02:35 AM   #2
BeautifulTragedy

I am currently:

let me start with this, congratulations on your recovery. now on to the point of this, i have not been able to recover yet but i have been very concentrated at times on finding self harm stories, tumblr accounts on recovery ect. not really like an obsession though. However, i am almost obsessed with the inspirational quotes. so yes you could say i am obsessed with recovery too. ;3 you aren't alone with that feeling.

*Stay Strong Beautiful*

BeautifulTragedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 03:11 AM   #3
Emmabob.

I am currently:

I'm doing OK with SH, but I suppose if it helps & its keeping u on track, its a positive thing, no?

Emmabob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #4
DontLookUp
Saffyx

I am currently:

Hey, well done for how your doing, thats really good :))

So I have totally experienced that too, kind of despite stopping to SH, still looking it up all the time like how you've said.
I don't have much insight into it but im thinking maybe its to do with suddenly cutting out something that was a huge part of your life, so in a way looking at this stuff because you miss it? Or i dont know if people around you know about it, but around me no one does so it was a way of feeling less alone with the SH maybe?
And also maybe because you still have urges you still feel drawn to anything SH related.
Its almost like in itself serving some purpose but i havent worked out what purpose.
Idk, not sure if im making any sense. But either way your not alone in this and i really understand where you are coming from.

♥ .I'm going to fall like I don't need saving. ♥
...My smile's just the armour I built when I was alone...

There was some part of me that hurt so badly, that I wouldn't ever be able to forget it.
It faded but the memories could bring it back any second, keeping me in the moment.
It would never fully heal. I could never really be free. I could never really be fixed.
Now I just have to work out how to live whilst being broken.
I feel like I'm dying.

DontLookUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 08:47 PM   #5
Celticroots

I am currently:

Congrats on your decision to recover! I've experienced what your going through. About harming being on my mind more than when I am not doing it. Hope this helps!

Celticroots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 09:13 PM   #6
Einmyria

I am currently:

Yes, I've had times like that too but I found I gradually got to the point that I didn't feel like I needed to anymore and I've also had times where I've not really been thinking about it at all. That obsession does keep coming back for periods of time but always goes again eventually (even 4 years on I still find this).
Stopping self harm is a huge life change so I think it's just natural to have it on your mind when you first stop. So basically I'd say don't worry about it and just keep yourself moving forward as you are.
And congrats on the 4/5 months!

Einmyria is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)