RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 02-10-2012, 12:43 AM   #21
oliness

I am currently:

I'm fairly optimistic about the world. I know that there are problems and there are many things which are still wrong. But overall I think that if you look at the big picture; if you look at history over decades, centuries and millennia it is clear that there is real progress. In the long run humanity progresses; the amount of goodness and love in the world increases. I do see that happening even today.

An interesting fact as an example: 8000 years ago, when Britain separated from the continent and became an island, there were only 5000 people in the whole land. Only 5000, across hundreds of miles. That's as many as could be supported under the foraging civilization at the time. Now there are over 60 million. I find that an extraordinary fact. If you consider how far we have progressed already then there is every reason for optimism. We can continue to progress and make life even better for people than it has ever been before.

"Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged,
sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong because sometime in your life you will have been all of these."

oliness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:53 AM   #22
Asura

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Who View Post
^ That's a bit sweeping, is it not?

To be honest, I don't think life is much different today than it always has been. We have more information, and more access to information, so that we can know and see what is happening elsewhere in the world, but that's just a technological advancement.
Information isn't the only thing that has a wider grip. People can be so mobile now that there's no boundary between "us" and "them" anymore, and that's problematic when two cultures have different laws, lifestyles, and customs.

Nous avons abrité tous les rêves du monde,
Et c'est dans le soleil que nous avons grandi.

Asura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:43 AM   #23
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

where kids are left with abusive parents and taken away from loving parents just because of past mistakes.

i'm not a fan of the world at the moment

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:16 PM   #24
Rayven

I am currently:

What beckie said.

I dont like the world today, its not safe, yes our technology and medicine has improved but there arent communities like what used to be. Everything good is being used for war and crime. And those trying to make the world good again are shot before they can start.

If your poor your poorer and if your rich the fat cats love you.

I worry for my sons future, my generation seem alot to be criminals and have a i deserve everything for nothing attitude (not saying everyone but there are alot) i wonder what the future is going to hold for him, will there even be a future the world seems happy to blow each other up. When will it stop?

Rayven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:30 AM   #25
The One Who

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BittersweetSurprise View Post
Everything good is being used for war and crime. And those trying to make the world good again are shot before they can start.
Can you explain those a bit more?

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 02:17 AM   #26
LifeBecomingALandslide
Why Can't I feel Happy? :(

I am currently:

I feel like I live in a world and society in which I do not and can never belong, the way most people act just seems alien to me, people do or say things that I can't ever imagine myself wanting to. most people seem to have such a cruel way of looking at the world and other people as well, society is so superficial and judgemental, it makes me so sad, I wish people could just be nice to each other and not be so cruel and things.

I don't understand why the world is the way it is at all and I just feel like I don't belong here, how can I exist in a world that contradicts everything I feel about who I am?

LifeBecomingALandslide is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)