RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 02-08-2016, 02:31 AM   #1
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:
Sexual Health - UTI and pain during sex?

I think I might have a UTI. I have pain whilst peeing and it burns once I've finished peeing. It smells a bit funny and feels like it never fully empties. I also need to go more frequently and urgently.

I'm also finding sex very painful. Is this connected and will it clear up once the UTI has?

Do I need to go on antibiotics for the UTI or will it clear up on it's own? I'd rather avoid antibiotics if possible as I have used them a lot in the past and worry about resistance.

Does this sound like a UTI or have I misdiagnosed myself?

The pain during sex is mostly on penetration and goes away after a little while. It becomes uncomfortable to have sex then.

Thanks.

Imperfection is underrated.

One Hug Given By:
Old 02-08-2016, 02:45 AM   #2
Unbreakable.
We can try. We can always try.

I am currently:

I get similar symptoms sometimes, for me it seems to be mostly my urine being acidic (probably because I rarely drink anything that isn't caffeine). I found dietary adjustments can relieve it.

I don't know whether pain during intercourse would be related.
I find when I any type of urinary issues I struggle to relax the muscles in that area to a degree where sometimes it takes me a while to relax enough to actually pee when I have to.
Is it similar for you?
I try relaxing them when not peeing because I speculate the muscles are tense from having to hold it in if that makes sense?

Anyway, depending on the intensity and duration of symptoms I suggest trying dietary adjustments and seeing a doctor if they don't improve things.

the sun

the moon

the truth

Old 02-08-2016, 03:52 AM   #3
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

Yeah I get the same with relaxing enough to pee. It's frustrating.

I don't think it's my diet. I drink a lot of fuzzy drinks but I balance that with loads of water/squash. I drink more than I should in a day I think.

I would like to know if I have a UTI or not and if it's causing me pain during sex it if that's something else.

Thanks Lana Banana.

Old 02-08-2016, 04:13 AM   #4
Unbreakable.
We can try. We can always try.

I am currently:

I think only a doctor will be able to give a definite answer.

Can you make an appointment?

There's also teas you can buy, they are called Bladder & Kidney tea usually and can sometimes help to regulate acid levels in your urine.
As far as I'm aware antibiotics are rarely needed unless there's blood in your urine.
But a doctor can check your urine and give advice on what to do even when antibiotics aren't needed.
The information I have from my sister (a trained pharmaceutical technical assistant with work experience) is that drinking loads of waters flushes out the bacteria and non antibiotic uti meds basically just achieve the same effect by making you pee more.

If you're anything like me the not relaxing muscles issue and how it may affect sex can cause a stupid amount of distress. So having it checked out would be beneficial for mental health not just the physical part of it.

the sun

the moon

the truth

Old 02-08-2016, 01:31 PM   #5
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

Uti's can clear themselves up without antibiotics and at the same time without antibiotics the infection can spread to the kidneys and be much more of a problem. It is probably a good idea to get checked out by your GP or a prescribing nurse.

When I have had uti's I have found drinking more than I would usually drink is helpful as it stops the urine getting as concentrated.

It might also be useful to speak to a pharmacist, you can get some sachets which can help with the pain when urinating. I don't know whether they would be helpful here but the pharmacist will!

In my dreams I slew the dragon

Old 03-08-2016, 11:13 AM   #6
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

Dr confirmed white cells in urine sad gave me antibiotics and sent off urine to lab.

Thanks for your help

Old 03-08-2016, 09:07 PM   #7
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:

Just gonna comment that it could be an idea to also have a sexual health screening. Just for peace of mind x

The average,
well-adjusted adult
gets up at 7.30am feeling just plain terrible.

Call me Kate.

I have dyslexia so please excuse my poor spelling and sometimes poor understanding.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:20 PM   #8
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

HAd onea couple of months ago. All clear.

Old 05-08-2016, 12:18 AM   #9
effervescence
tired

I am currently:

I know you've had it confirmed by a doc but just wanted to add for your peace of mind that the pain during sex is most likely due to the UTI due to local inflammation, so it should improve once your UTI is better :)

Even as the stone of the fruit must break
that its heart may stand in the sun,
so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:35 PM   #10
Bear
Partially hibernating

I am currently:

I get a lot of UTIs, it helps to drink a small amount of bicarbonate of soda dissolved in hot water, tastes awful but works!

Three cheers for love of the simplest kind.
The coins I flip land on their sides.

Old 10-08-2016, 01:49 PM   #11
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

My UTI has gone but the pain during sex hasn't.

What do?

Old 10-08-2016, 03:52 PM   #12
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

Probably worth speaking to a doctor or nurse, when did the infection clear up? It could be that the area is still slightly inflamed or irritated, it isn't uncommon for antibiotic to give you thrush or it could be something unrelated to the uti. They will be in the best position to advice you, a pharmacist might also be able to help.

In my dreams I slew the dragon

Old 10-08-2016, 04:37 PM   #13
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

i see my dr soonish so I' ll mention it then. thanks.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)