RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 12-11-2018, 03:43 AM   #1
Frail Existence
Wide awake.

I am currently:
Mental health advice?

So for a few years now I’ve been diagnosed anorexic (currently remission), borderline personality disorder, anxiety (general), ptsd andmajor depression. I used to dissociate due to trauma in my back ground. Recently I’ve been taken off my antipsychotic (Geodon) and my depression (Prozac) but I don’t believe Prozac has anything to do with it... what I’m anout to describe started happening a few weeks before being taken off Geodon/tapered it..

I feel like I dissociate from time/myself for what feels like forever but I know it’s only a few minutes at a time. It’s so hard to have a conversation, know where I’m at, know what I’m doing. But it’s know like my regular dissociation from the past. This time sometimes I get lost in memories in my head or dreams then get confused with reality but there’s a little part of me that knows the exact truth and I’ve been able to pull myself out of it every time. A lot of times I’m afraid I’m going to dissociate like this for a looong time and people are going to know somethings up. I don’t have much contact with anyone so no one has really seen an episode. Some days it can happen all day others just a few minutes during the day. I don’t think I can go a full day without some sort of blip.

I guess what I’m wanting is does this happen to anyone else? A name to it? How to fix it? A med? Reason it’s happening? Anyone know anything or might have a clue? Or can help me explain it better to my psych..

These kicks take me far away my dear;
Far away from myself
Far away from my troubles
Far away from heaven

Frail Existence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2018, 07:19 PM   #2
Accidentally Abstract
Luce.

I am currently:

I've not experienced this to the degree which it sounds like you're describing - I'm sorry, it sounds really difficult.

I think you've described how you're feeling & what happens for you quite well - would it be possible for you to print out/write down what you've written above & give it to your psych when you next see them?

Do you get any warning before these episodes & if so, have you tried grounding techniques to keep you 'in the moment'?

I hope you get some answers & find a way to manage this soon.

Take care x

Ride it out.
"I need a sunrise in the dark."

Accidentally Abstract is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)