RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #1
Celticroots

I am currently:
First aid kit

I am going to be on a trip for two months. (to see if we actually want to move.) I haven't bruised or cut in a week or two.

But I packed a mini first aid kit if I need to cut. Need to as in I've done tons of healthy things and none of them work. Self-harm isn't automatically the first thing I go to when triggered.

My kit has: q-tips to apply neosporin, alcohol wipes to disinfect tool and area, and bandaids.

Since I am feeling good, I don't plan on using it any time soon. But just having it as an option if I need it is comforting.

Please tell me I am not the only one who feels like this?

Celticroots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 01:09 AM   #2
Charmed
I'm safe up high.

Hey there, you're definitely not alone, I have done this before, it makes me feel a little safer to know I have something as a safety precaution just in case. I'm also sure there are many other people who have done this.

I hope you manage to stay safe.

Charmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 09:33 PM   #3
Frozen Yoghurt
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:

If I'm going somewhere for a long period of time, or am aware that I am 'due' an episode (my self-harm tends to run in recognizable cycles) I do often pack a quite extensive first-aid kit. I agree with the above, the security of knowing it's there helps.

Frozen Yoghurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2013, 12:52 AM   #4
Rodolphus
#Azkafam

You're definitely not alone, I only fairly recently got rid of my medical supplies. It was over a year free, anyway. I felt better knowing they were there. I think, if it's for peace of mind, that it's a good idea to be prepared if you're going away for such a long time. But I think that it's important - if you are feeling ready and committed to long term recovery - that you start to think about life without these things being around you all the time as it might not aways be possible and I wouldn't want you to feel shaken when you find yourself in a situation like that

Good luck for your trip, I hope it goes the way you want it to :)

Now I'll play your ghost as my ace, whenever I'm led astray.
But I am actually good, can't help it if we're tilted.
I'm in my right place, don't be a downer.

Rodolphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2013, 04:38 AM   #5
Celticroots

I am currently:

Thank you all. Charmed: I don't have a back up plan if I do SH. If I cut, cleaning it and putting antiseptic on it. If I bruise, there will be nothing much to do except to let the body heal.

I will take things from the big first aid kit (if I run out. And assuming Mom brings it.) Or I'll buy some more. My Mom knows not to take my first aid stuff away from me anymore, as it doesn't really help. I recognize where she was coming from though. (She did before, and I just found other ways to hurt myself.)

Old 25-11-2013, 10:21 AM   #6
Lone Star
Lone Star

It's better to be prepared for the worst than take it as it goes. Besides, I think with the option there, it isn't a big blinking light as if it's forbidden or "not convenient", for whatever reason. Think of it as piece of mind instead of "preparing" for a moment.

Good luck with the trip and take care of yaself! :)

Lone Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2013, 11:02 PM   #7
Celticroots

I am currently:

I got a small first aid kit to keep in my purse. If I do wind up harming, I'd rather be as safe as possible. I also found some tubes of saline that I can put in there too.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)