RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2011, 08:10 AM   #1
akita

I am currently:
Copy of file and official diagnosis/'s

I had to get my psychologist to fill out some forms for me to become part of a social support group. In the diagnosis parts he wrote "Generalised Anxiety Disorder and "Borderline", he has also said I have "Disordered Eating".

When I have asked him to tell me more about it, he won't and just says that if anyone else needs to know he will tell them. I have asked him several times and yet he won't tell me. I've even asked for a copy of my file from him and he won't give me that either, saying I'm "too" sensitive.

If I had a copy of my file, I could read it and understand more about what he wrote. Is there any way that I could "make" him give me a copy of it? I have applied through FOI and yet he still won't give me it.

It's like whenever I ask him about anything to do with it, he shuts me down and ignores me. I'm thinking of asking my GP about it but don't know if he can do anything.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

akita is offline   Reply With Quote
5 Hugs Given By :
Old 01-08-2011, 10:02 AM   #2
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

I don't know much about this but I think asking your GP is a good place to go, they might be able to tell you.

How extremely annoying he won't give it to you, although, do you think you're stable enough for it? Worth considering that as frustrating as it is, how getting the documents will affect you xx

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:31 AM   #3
akita

I am currently:

Yeah, I think that's what he is thinking too but I think I'm alright enough to read them.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:20 AM   #4
Busby

Hi, I had a similar problem when trying to obtain my records. I think one of the issues the professionals have is that they do not like to label people, therefore, seeing the file can be upsetting to the client when they are forced to "label" for statistical, funding and research purposes.

I understand how it can be unsettling, and annoying. I was told that I would have to make a written request to see my file, and pay a fee if I wanted to have my file copied and sent to me. I'm not sure how it works in Australia.

Busby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:11 PM   #5
akita

I am currently:

I did do a written request and was quite willing to pay for it but I'm thinking I have to take it to the FOI higher up people.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:01 PM   #6
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

They are allowed to refuse to give you parts if it would be too damaging in their opinion. They won't give me my hospital record from my OD admittance. I can view the rest though.

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:19 PM   #7
RiverSong

^^ as above, some things are not disclosed to not disturb your health.

But if you see your GP they can give you print outs/inform you further if they see you fit to cope with it/or want to know in general.
That is how i've managed to keep up with some of my psychiatric notes, as my previous CPN was also as stupid not really taking any interest of me asking to see my notes "oh theres not much in here really, just letters" yes, that is what i wanted to see 0_o

GP = Good idea

RiverSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:42 PM   #8
akita

I am currently:

I can understand him not letting me see some parts of it, but he won't let me see any of it. Surely it all can't upset me. It's just weird. Anyways, I'll ask my GP in the morning and see what he says.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:46 PM   #9
Margo

I am currently:

Strangely i have asked for my official diagnosis today :/

I wouldnt advise asking to see the notes! There may and probably will be terms and descriptions and phrases that, taken out of the context for which they were intended, could be extremely upsetting and misinterpreted for the patient to see.

~Phoenix~ is my Little Sister of Awesomeness and Self-Delusion :P
Bitter Angel is my Mitten
Animad is my Top Trump
All Im Living For - Is my beautiful and special daughter who isnt called Kim but will moan if i dont add her :P

Margo is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)