RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 22-03-2020, 12:26 AM   #1
Lostx

Personality disorder ward

Has anyone here ever been an inpatient at a personality disorder hospital which focuses on psychotherapy? I might be sent to one and would like to know what to expect.

Lostx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2020, 01:15 AM   #2
Fire Fly
Feel free to be yourself

I am currently:

There’s different kinds of PD wards including therapeutic communities, locked and unlocked wards. Depending on the model that surrounds the psychotherapy for example some have strict ways of running that as a community, we are all responsible for our actions and understanding that it could impact someone else. There’s two big ones in London: The Cassel and the Cygnet. Both are run very different. For example you can’t be on section to go to the case but you have to be on section for the other one.

I’ve heard (I work on a MH Ward so we refer a lot to PD wards for longer treatment) and found that patients who go to these places often have to work harder to get to a more stable place compared to some one in the community. BUT it takes longer in the community having weekly therapy. You usually have a better outcome and often less of a readmission to an Acura mental health ward.

Hopefully that helps a bit

Ballerina123 - My lovely superstar

Call me R -

The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time - Abraham Lincoln

Fire Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2020, 02:27 AM   #3
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

Like Ballerina, also work/and am training in MH and have been involved in some referrals. Also know ancouple of people who have attended therapeutic communities, one in Milton Keynes and one being the cassel. Both found it challenging, especially the expectations and rules etc, but both also are now doing amazingly. Life isn’t perfect and both did step down to supported living but one has just reregistered to continue nursing training and one is looking at voluntary work.

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2020, 02:57 AM   #4
chinahorse

I am currently:

I went to the Cassel. If you have specific questions please let me know. In general I found it harmful not helpful with a lot of promises they did not deliver on. I would also not recommend going if you live outside London.

Given enough tea I could rule the world.

chinahorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 10:27 AM   #5
Fire Fly
Feel free to be yourself

I am currently:

Whilst Chinahorse says this, it’s like medication. Not one size will fit all. It is hard work and difficult but treatment but people I work with say that it’s defo not for everyone but the people who do manage to persevere usually doing well.

Last edited by Pi.R^2 : 04-04-2020 at 10:25 PM. Reason: please see your PMs

Ballerina123 - My lovely superstar

Call me R -

The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time - Abraham Lincoln

Fire Fly is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)