RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 11-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #7841
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Jasmine was born in july and just wore a vest most of the time. Or t shirt and shorts.

Now, she will wear a dress or a t shirt and shorts.

She wouldn't keep a blanket on either, but it was ok in the hot weather.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #7842
Just a girl, Interrupted.
drowning in a sea of tears

I am currently:

We plan to go to mothercare (again!!) on Sunday, I just hope baby doesn't make an appearance before then!
I have been telling everyone not to buy us newborn/0-3momths stuff, since I thought we had loads. Well, we do, but its all long sleeved! I don't want to cut it cos it was all given to us, and I know one of the friends that gave it to us is really broody and wants a baby of her own and it would be nice to give it back to her when we are done with it!

Nobody knows, nobody cares that I die on the inside
Nobody sees the lie that is me, as I smile on the outside

Just a girl, Interrupted. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #7843
havealittlefaith

I am currently:

How do you know if the baby has a temperature or not as I don't have a thermometer yet and he feels warmer I'm going to get one he's ha calpol he had his third jabs yesterday and he's very unsettled now what else can I do x

havealittlefaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #7844
Beautifully Broken
Even The Best Fall Down Sometimes.

The best way to tell is with a thermometer. He might be feeling hot if its hot where you are. If you're unsure, then strip down to the nappy and see if he cools off.

Beautifully Broken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #7845
Sunshine
This girl just cant take it anymore

I am currently:

I was told by Nhs direct to see if there body (chest and back) were hot aswell to tell them if it was dangerous. But I would get a thermometer.

My Angels
Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990

I want to live, not merely survive

Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #7846
havealittlefaith

I am currently:

heres a pic of my lovely lil man only takne me ages to figure this out

hope your all well and all your little ones are x
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bailey. 9 july.jpg (42.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg bailey at food timr.jpg (28.3 KB, 21 views)

Old 13-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #7847
Sunshine
This girl just cant take it anymore

I am currently:

Nightmare Lucas has figured out that if he pulls the dinning room chair over to the baby gate he can climb over! He's just too clever for his own good! Help what do I do to stop him?

My Angels
Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990

I want to live, not merely survive

Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #7848
Popple

^chains?

Seriously though I don't know but he is a clever boy! :)

Poppy was sleeping so well until 2 weeks ago and now she is back to sleeping for 2 hours then waking every hour. Still feeding every 1-1.5 hours during the day. I go to a boob group (or baby cafe but I prefer to call it boob group!) and most of them said their babies were feeding every 3-4 hours at this age and they were complaining about them feeding so often :|
I am shattered so I have started just putting her on the boob at night and then she feeds on and off throughout the night as much as she likes. It's her christening tomorrow and I am probably going to spend most of it sat there feeding her. Greedy monkey.

banana he is lovely! We bought poppy a jumperoo on ebay yesterday, shes a bit little for it yet but we put her in it for a few minutes today and she really liked it, especially the dangly frog :)

You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Popple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #7849
havealittlefaith

I am currently:

Thanks Hun he's my world <3 he's only had his jumperoo a week they are suitable for when baby can hold there own head up although they don't like to be in them to Long also got mine on EBay x

Has anyone's baby had there bcg?! X

Old 15-07-2013, 10:50 PM   #7850
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

As soon as my kids could they stripped down to the nappy (and naked) every night. To this day (3 and 5) they strip off every night. Now they go to bed naked or vest and pants at most.

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 11:24 AM   #7851
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

Dylan is potty trained day and night (tired mummy again now that ive to get up for night tome toilet runs) but still ets upset by doing a poo and we very rarely catch it in the potty or toilet as he will hide in a corner upset.

88shelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 11:27 AM   #7852
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

...cont....
I have tried putting the poo in the potty so he can see its ok to go there and also in the toilet to flush away. I dont make a big deal out of the accident and will clean him up and keep him calm as he does become distressed. He knows now what poo poo is and it comes from his bum and flaps his hand by his nose with a pffft sound. Any ideas how to help him.

88shelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #7853
Beautifully Broken

I had a problem with Faith and pooing. She used to poo her pants frequently and would never tell us. I tried everything until I was blue in the face...Telling her it was wrong, time outs, no treats, ignoring it and just cleaning her up...She eventually grew out of it. One of my friends has had the problem where her son has regressed and has started hiding behind furniture when he needs a poo.

He will grow out of it Shelz. Have you got a toddler toilet seat of the toilet? And maybe try and sticker reward chart? So every time he tells you he needs a poo and sits on the toilet or potty and goes he gets a sticker and after he gets so many stickers he gets a reward? Not sure what else to suggest. xx

Old 16-07-2013, 11:05 PM   #7854
dragonfly
A flower for beauty....A heart for love....

I am currently:

I wondering if any of you can help me with sonething.

Does anyone know if you have the right while pregnant to refuse to work until the boss does a risk assessment?

I'm a chef and a lot of tge time its a 12 hour day completely on my own in the kitchen that in the best gets up to 33-38 degrees celsius. Because im on my own I don't get proper breaks either.
Its quite a high risk job at 22 weeks pregnant.

I've spoken to my boss nearly everyday for the past 2 weeks about getting it sorted bit still nothing excepts jokes about my lack of properly showing bump.

If someone could help it would be appreciated as I've tried looking it up and can't find the answer.

Xx

littlewhisper, my guardian angel. I-Love-You XxX
little_miss, such an amazing friend. LoveYou XxX

I hate it, I don't want it, I don't need it, I never want to see it, You can take it, You can break it.

Mummy to my gorgeous wolf cub - 30/10/2013. Our little fighter at 3 weeks early and a tiny 4lbs 14oz.

dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 12:00 AM   #7855
Shenanigans
Set up an IV of sanity

I am currently:

Hey Dragonfly,

I found this: Linky which might be helpful (assuming you're in the uk.) How long ago did you tell your employer that you're pregnant? Did you provide written evidence of your pregnancy from your midwife?
Are you able to speak to your midwife about this? Failing that perhaps get in contact with your local CAB if you feel like you need more information?
Legally, your employer has to do a risk assessment and (from what I briefly read) either set into motion ways of preventing these risks (e.g changing your shifts) or suspend you on full pay.
I can understand that this is a touchy subject, I assume that you don't want to annoy your boss and fear risking your job but at the end of the day you need to sit down with your boss and explain that you need the risk assessment done. A lack of bump is in no way a reasonable exception for not doing it, the consequences are far to sever for it to be ignored.
I hope they can get it done soon for you and help you ease your mind and your working environment.

Also, Hi everyone! I'm tentatively popping my head back in here. You may remember I sadly suffered a missed miscarriage last December. Well I am currently 10 weeks pregnant and things are looking good. Still hard to get my head around and trying to stay a little less than hopeful, just in case, but thought I'd better say hello rather than be a creepy lurker :)

You see a mouse trap
I see free cheese
And a ****ing challenge

Shenanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #7856
Beautifully Broken

dragonfly, when I was pregnant, I have 2 jobs and only had a risk assessment done at one. At one of my employments we were waiting ages for someone from head office to come and do the risk assessment which never happened. What the manager and I ended up doing was to do a basis of things that I could and could not do, i.e., not going up on step ladders.
At my other employment (fryer in a fish and chip shop), my bosses did a risk assessment and as long as I didn't use any steps and other staff made sure they weren't leaving huge puddles of water on the floor at night it was fine. I was only working 4 hours shifts at a time though.

Keep on at your boss. At the end of the day, you're 22 weeks pregnant and you need regular breaks, especially in this heat as you don't want to be getting dehydrated etc.

Congratulations Multi! Hope everything goes well for you this time.

xx

Old 17-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #7857
dragonfly
A flower for beauty....A heart for love....

I am currently:

Thanks both of you. I'm going to make her have a sit down chat with me.
The problem is, she sees me and my partner, the only other chef, more as her friends which is where the bump banter comes from.
But its now getting to a point where my baby could be at risk while working there and if I loose it then it basically her fault for noy following what should be done.
She tells me I shouldn't be lifting half the stuff I do but when im the only person in the kitchen most of the time what else can I do. The person on the bar can't keep running in to help me all the to e and leave the bar unattended. Xxx

littlewhisper, my guardian angel. I-Love-You XxX
little_miss, such an amazing friend. LoveYou XxX

I hate it, I don't want it, I don't need it, I never want to see it, You can take it, You can break it.

Mummy to my gorgeous wolf cub - 30/10/2013. Our little fighter at 3 weeks early and a tiny 4lbs 14oz.

dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #7858
Beautifully Broken

I was lifting stuff heavier than the allowance they give when you're pregnant but I did get some of the guys to lift the boxes of fat for me cause I simply could not manage that. She should be looking into getting you some help around the kitchen at the very least.

Old 17-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #7859
Just a girl, Interrupted.
drowning in a sea of tears

I am currently:

What is the weight allowance that you can lift when pregnant? I ended up starting my maternity leave from work a week early since they put me back in a situation when I was moving heavy bags of cash around all the time. My doctor put me on light duties for a while, but thy still had me lifting things on my own for ages.
I'm sick of this heat! All my maternity dresses are polyester and I feel like I am literally melting. I hope baby's head is engaged by my appointment tomorrow!!

Nobody knows, nobody cares that I die on the inside
Nobody sees the lie that is me, as I smile on the outside

Just a girl, Interrupted. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #7860
Popple

I think it's about 10-12kg, I know I lifted more than that but I would judge it by what feels comfortable.

Apparently the head can be engaged for weeks before so don't get your hopes up! Although what do I know I was told her head was engaged around 37 weeks and actually her foot was stuck in there :P

You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Popple is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)