RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-06-2016, 09:53 PM   #1
Intaytia

I am currently:
Trying again

I'm not sure whether or not it's a good thing that I'm back here. I used to come to this site a couple of years back, not a regular poster so won't be surprised if I'm not recognised.

It's not good that I'm back here because I said to myself that I wouldn't come back as I wouldn't need to, but I believe I'm relapsing in depression again (did last year, got put back on meds) and my biggest issues right now are eating and constantly sleeping.

I put on a great act at work that I'm a healthy functioning adult, but when I'm not at work, I just eat and sleep.

So I'm posting here as I really need to tackle my overeating. I just don't feel I have the capability to start/stick to it right now. I barely had the motivation to sit and watch a programme about kittens.

The things I'm starting off with are
- drinking more water, I never have drank enough
- eating more fruit and vegetables
- reduce sugar (unless through fruit)

It's not like me to reach out for support, but I'm running out of ideas and feel a little lost.

Intaytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2016, 01:08 PM   #2
crazykat
Fight for another day

You have been incredibly brave reaching out for support and doing something different from what you normally would. It's a brave first step admitting that something is a problem and then asking for help.

I can relate to your struggles with overeating so please know that you are not alone despite how isolated it can make you feel. It can feel incredibly overwhelming to even begin to think about making changes so I am not surprised that your doubting your ability to overcome this.

However I do think it is possible just not all at once, take small steps if you need to. Even break down your list into smaller more achievable chunks if that is going to be more helpful.

You may also find it helpful to explore your reasons behind why you overeat in the first place because it is one thing changing the way you eat but if those core issues that are causing you to overeat are still there it is something that will continue to come out. I wish you the best of luck with it all. I have faith in you that you can tackle this. Best of luck

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2016, 10:24 PM   #3
Intaytia

I am currently:

Thanks for replying, crazykat.

This week hasn't gone well food-wise. I bought my own binge foods and then ended up winning a bag of stuff last night.

I do keep trying to think about the reasons behind why I am eating so much, and I'm really not sure why? Is it just because I'm fat and lazy and can't look after myself properly? Is it because I feel numb so I eat to feel something? Am I just thinking of textbook answers and these don't actually apply to me?

I didn't go to the doctors either this week. I need to go and one of the things I'll as for if they don't recommend it is a blood test for iron levels, I'm pretty sure I'm anaemic again.

Old 24-06-2016, 01:37 PM   #4
crazykat
Fight for another day

Perhaps it would help to keep a diary or something similar to record what your feeling at the time around a binge, events that may be happening at the time, thoughts your having etc as it may help you be able to identify some sort of pattern.

As for buying the binge foods don't beat yourself up as that is likely just to perpetuate the issue. What got in the way of you going to the doctors do you think?

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 02:07 PM   #5
Intaytia

I am currently:

I could try the diary, but I have always struggled to identify triggers and feelings etc. I do feel numb a lot of the time.

I just couldn't be bothered to call the doctors, there's always next week.

Old 25-06-2016, 04:16 PM   #6
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Heya, sorry things aren't going great at the moment. Is there anything that you might be able to use as a reward for things like calling the doctors? I know you said you're struggling with motivation though, so apologies if that's a somewhat pointless question!

Do you think seeing a counsellor or something would help with identifying triggers and feelings? Being more aware of your feelings might also help with the depression.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)