RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 05-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
Commoner-Kou

Arm update

Well, I am glad that I got to upload the things I wanted onto dA because I will be taking a rest for a while. Not just dA, but from a lot of other things too.

My arm. The passed three months I have been having trouble with my dominant arm. A doctor said it was carpal tunnel. It’s been bothering me for a long time. Not just my wrist, but my entire arm. I think it’s the nerves in my arm.

Last night I had a break down. I bent my arm and pulled out the stylus for my DS, and something shot through my arm. The pain in my arm brought me to tears. I lost it. I don’t think I have cried from physical pain in years. I haven’t cried in months. I don’t cry.

I am honestly scared for my arm. It is my dominant arm. I am an artist. That’s all I know. I am afraid to be in pain for the rest of my life. I am afraid that it won’t get better on it’s own. I am afraid that if they have to operate to fix it, then I will be without my arm for months. I can’t be without my arm. I can’t function without it. I am afraid that if they don’t operate. They will just give me pain medication and send me on my way. I have seen what that can do to people. I don’t want to live off of morphine and lortab, for I have seen how much that changes people.

Phronemophobia-Image and I talked and she really calmed me down and helped me through my break down. I found my brace. I’m going to live in it for the next three days, and try to use my arm as little as possible. It’s going to be really difficult for me, but I feel like this absolutely has to be done.

For those who know me, I am going to need help with this. Yes, I am asking for help. I’m going to try my hardest to take care of this. And it’s tearing me up inside that I can’t work on my novel right now...

Commoner-Kou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:53 PM   #2
jellytot
Kate

I am currently:

have you expalined that to your doctor ?
and maybe book appointment to see them and tell them about the pain you experianced pulling the stylus out of your ds ?

jellytot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:20 PM   #3
Commoner-Kou

One doctor I went to a few months ago told me it was carpal tunnel and I should be fine. I haven't been to another doctor since it got worse.

Commoner-Kou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:49 PM   #4
Pictsie

I am currently:

I know almost exactly what you're going through with your arm, its really tough when something you love causes you so much pain that you can't do it

You really should see a doctor again, maybe they could refer you to some physiotherapist, that seemed to help with my wrists last time

you might want to look into exercises you can do, that'll strengthen and stretch your arm, but not in such a way to hurt it more, you need to know for certain what's wrong with it first though as the wrong exercises could make it worse

something I'm working on is to switch dominant arm for some tasks, it takes concentration but it'll help rest your bad arm and help save it for your art.

Try not to think about how bad your arm could be, and try to focus on it getting better

Pictsie is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)