Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 25-09-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
rainsong
rainsong

I am currently:
Sorry for the rant...

Just putting this out there...

I am 26 years old and still stuck living at home with my parents because i don't make enough money at my job (that I love) to move out. I am the oldest of 4 children and my entire life I have been treated differently (in a bad way.) I wish I knew why. I live my life for my parents' approval and I'm never going to get it. I think the worst part is that I'm not allowed to have any real feelings about my raising/childhood because my parents mock me and act like they never did anything wrong. It's infuriating that they won't just admit it.

I am absolutely miserable here. I can't even believe that I'm still stuck here and still cutting at 26. I hate my life here. I am trying to hard to work on myself and be a happier person but I will never succeed as long as I am living here. There ARE people in this world who love and appreciate me, unfortunately, none of them are my relatives.

rainsong is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 25-09-2011, 09:28 PM   #2
lonely_hope
I'm not worth the air I breathe

I am currently:

Suppose to start with things more on the positive end- it's really good you love your job so much, even though it doesn't pay very well. I think that's what really matters in a job. Also great that you know that you're loved and appreciated :) Hopefully there's comfort in those thoughts.

I'm sorry that things aren't so great where you are now. Knowing you'll never get a parent's approval is tough; though in the long run, it doesn't really matter. It's sad that you've been mocked and whatnot due to your emotions. Do you have any way of expressing how you feel? Maybe not necessarily around your parents, but just something that allows you to get it out.

Are there any changes you can make in your life? Just something to make it a little more tolerable? Probably wouldn't even need to be anything too drastic. Just little things to make the days more pleasant.

Hope you're doing alright, and that you'll be happier soon. Hang in there. *hugs*

Last edited by lonely_hope : 25-09-2011 at 09:29 PM. Reason: spacing

"God take me, because I hate me" -Underoath
We are male and female. We are artists, athletes, and students. We have depression, PTSD, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, or maybe no diagnosis at all. Some of us were abused, some not. We come from all walks of life and can be any age. We are every race or religion that you can think of. Our common link is this: We are in pain. We self-injure. And we are not freaks.

lonely_hope is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)