Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 23-09-2011, 12:15 AM   #1
HappinessDestroyed

I am currently:
Eating "Healthy"

Okay, so here's the deal. I've been overweight almost all my life and I've been feeling kind of self-conscious about this for a while now, so I want to lose some weight by eating healthy.

The thing is, it seems almost impossible for me to do. I mean sure, I'll start out the day just fine, eat a banana and some grapes, have a glass of milk, then go to school. There, I'll have the school lunch, whatever that is that day. Then, when I get home, I practically devour all the junk that we have in the house. >.<

Usually I'm not hungry when I eat all the junk, but I'm just so overwhelmed with school, friend problems, just life in general, that I stuff my face to compensate for the emptiness I feel inside.

So, does anyone else have this problem? How do you avoid the random urges to eat junk food? Any advice/tips are welcome. Thank you for reading.

HappinessDestroyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 09:58 AM   #2
makedamnsure

I am currently:

You might find more help on the Bingeing, Overeating etc board (found as a subsection of the eating disorders board)

Its quite common though to feel like you do and to comfort eat (which it sounds like you are doing).

One thing you could do is join an exercise club in the evenings. That would keep you busy for a couple of hours when normally you might binge.

The other simple answer is just don't buy junk food, or ask your parents to lock the junk food cupboard so you can't get into it.

Hot drinks work wonders for me when I need something comforting, so instead of eating chocolate bars I'll have a low cal hot chocolate instead. And find another outlet for your emotions, so when you want to eat junk try and draw or paint or write instead....something that keeps your hands busy.

What time do you have your evening meal? Do you cook for yourself at night? Taking the time to cook a nice healthy dinner (homemade soups are good for example) will keep you distracted whilst you cook, and hopefully make you feel full so you are less likely to binge afterwards.

Courtesy
Integrity
Perseverance
Self Control
Indomitable Spirit

makedamnsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 09:56 PM   #3
HappinessDestroyed

I am currently:

Hey, thanks for the advice. :) I think I'm going to try some of the things you suggested.
(By the way, sorry for posting in the wrong section of the site. :/)

HappinessDestroyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2011, 05:53 AM   #4
Ileana
Amarantos Everlasting

I am currently:

Well first off, you might not know this but bananas can make you gain weight or slow the process of loosing weight, so start by not eating any more bananas for a while. Avoid, at all times, all kinds of pasta for as long as you wish to eat healthy or until you lose the desired amount of weight. Avoid bread and baked goods. Drink a glass of water before you eat, and drink plenty of water throughout the day. This helps you digest faster and keeps your body as clean as possible. Don't eat too much candy, and don't eat sweets everyday either...only every now and then. Avoid alcohol for a while. Have small meals throughout the day, not three or two big ones, basically eat smaller amounts more regularly...this keeps your metabolism going fast. If you feel the need to snack, eat something small and healthy (like fruit). If you feel the necessity to eat even though you are not hungry (eating just for the heck of it) chew gum, it'll help. Drinking water between meals is very helpful in keeping you from getting hungry earlier.

I think that's about it...

"...that incremental suicide of turning your life into a dream, to make being awake as similar to sleep as possible. Drowsily, lazily, dry-mouth your way through the day's ceremonies, fumble your way back into the dew-bather you never really left, draped in brown, brown now all around, the haze!" - Russell Brand on drug addiction.

"Si ma êkh gûndo piyiamásko...ándo bírto barruno. Bírto, bírto barruno."

Ileana is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)