RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Closed Thread
Old 27-01-2018, 03:56 AM   #1
Cheryl88

I am currently:
Amphetamine Addiction

Hi there,

I joined this site years ago when I had managed to give up self-harming. However, that wasn't the end of my problems. I have had a drug addiction since I was about 15, mainly amphetamines, cannabis, valium and alcohol. I tend to swap one for the other, although I managed to survive 15 months without a drink, which I'm still pretty impressed by.

I intended to be sober by Monday and I've tried everything - NA, CA, abstinence programs, church, the gym, keeping insanely busy so I don't have time to think about using - so far nothing has worked. The longest I've been totally abstinent is roughly five months, I always end up using again.

If anyone has any advice or tips on how to stop and stay stopped I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

2 Hugs Given By :
Old 27-01-2018, 06:26 PM   #2
Irisflower

I am currently:

Do you have any good friends who can help? My way kind of sucks but it could work. Since you need money for amphetamines, alcohol, etc., make sure that they are all out of your place and then give your friend all your money, bank card, and have them oversee every time you do groceries, pay bills... even buying transit tickets. That could get you through the first part.

Old 28-01-2018, 12:29 AM   #3
Cheryl88

I am currently:

That sounds like a good idea. I can give my bank card to my dad and any money I earn, I've got debts I need to pay off so I shouldn't even be buying dope. I've got rid of dealers numbers out my phone as well, that usually helps.

It's the first week that's usually the most difficult, I've got to the stage where I forget what it's like to be sober for any prolonged period.

Old 15-02-2019, 03:18 PM   #4
JamesLewis84

I've been through this, and worse...

I've been through this, and worse. I had problems with alcohol and anxiety. At first, I even didn't understand how big this problem was. I tried almost everything to overcame my addiction. But nothing can help me. My mother advised me to visit the support group. And it helped me because I found people who had the same problems as me. There are a lot of programmes and rehabs for addicted people all over the country. I found a lot of info on the internet. On Addiction Resource I found out about different treatment programmes to overcome addictions. You're in a good way if you understand that you have a problem.

Old 19-02-2019, 03:53 PM   #5
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Closing due to age. OP, feel free to PM a moderator if you would like it reopened.

No other sadness in the world would do

Closed Thread

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)