RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-03-2008, 02:15 AM   #1
zivalover16

I am currently:
nervous about a surgery coming up.....

So during this summer i hurt my wrist and the doctors can't find anything wrong with it yet. on April 7th I am having surgery on it to see if they can find anything wrong.... Basically I am nervous about the docs seeing my scars.... I have a few slightly visible ones on my other arm and some bad ones on my leg... I tend to kick the sheets off when I sleep and I am nervous about the docs and nurses seeing my scars.... I guess I could just use some support....

sry if this is stupid...

Big Sister:Squiggles
Little Sister: PaintItBlack
Cousins: dereksarah, Hollz

zivalover16 is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 19-03-2008, 04:17 AM   #2
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

good luck with the surgery!! at christmas i had a surgery to remove my thyroid and i had the same problem. but the doctors just asked me if i have a cat and i said no and then they only looked at them, but didn't say anything.

My RYL family:
I-used-to-be-positive is my big sister razorxkissedxwrists is my mommy alyssa.star is my sister phoenixflames_forever is my cousin concreteangel, helpmydeath, xxbeckyxx and queer fringe are my little sisters bob--says--hi is my twin

pm me anytime

*..life in pain..* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2008, 08:42 AM   #3
Animad

I had the same problem. Last year I had surgery on my 'hip' and I've got some really bad scarring on my thigh which I don't like people to know about but obviously knew everyone in the op theatre would see so I was scared stiff as no-one had ever seen them before. I ended up telling him beforehand and he took it well, asked me if I wanted help and stuff. Then afterwards when he saw the full extent he made sure I got temporary help that I needed (and since has referred me to a psych) and all the nurses were very nice about it and just said that if I ever wanted to talk whilst I was in then they were there and stuff- though I didn't want to. However, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and they all wanted to help really instead of judging.

Feel free to PM me if you wanna talk about it because I know how hard it is waiting for the surgery wondering what they might think but it's best to stay as calm as possible.

Kim

Animad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2008, 10:16 AM   #4
Just Believe.
It's Hard to Fight When The Fight Ain't Fair.

I am currently:

*cuddles*
I know it's hard but do try not to worry about it. The chances are that the doctors and nurses will have seen plenty of people who self harm before and they will just want to do what they can to help you. They won't judge you.
If you need to talk feel free to pm me
Take care
Kirsty x

Forever & Always

Just Believe. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)