Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 26-06-2007, 02:16 PM   #1
Liz
Dont get this!

I am currently:
new and lonely

Hello everyone
Im new here, and i really need poeple too talk too.
I have had mental health problems for about 10 years now. Sometimes things are managable, majority of the time, diffcuilt and occasionally have been life threatening. Things are difficult at the moment, but im starting to feel like il never get better, or live tolerable life. I feel so alone, and i have nobody i can talk too. Im in a bit of a muddle with canibis, and have stopped taking my medication, im not sure why, its like something is telling me not too. My attempt to get back on the band wagon have failled, im a failling mature student. Just want some poeple to talk too, im fed up of crying on my own
Hope everyone is feeling strong xx

Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 09:21 PM   #2
willow

I am currently:

Hi Liz

I'm relativly new here too. So I don't really know folk. But reading the threads can really make you feel that there are people out there who understand. Everyone seems really supportive too, if you do post anything.

Hope you get what you want from RYL, and you are able to tolerat things better. HUGS

willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 09:36 PM   #3
Zedebee
It's okay not to be okay

Hey Liz =)
First of all, welcome to RYL. I'm glad you've found us because now you're here you'll never be alone...
I'm always around if you need to have a chat and there are plenty of people here, myself included, who can relate to what you're going through and more than willing to listen.
Take care of yourself and PM me at anytime.
Zed xx

The only time you will find real light is when you're searching in the dark..

Zedebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 09:38 PM   #4
Stellata

Hi Liz. I've suffered from depression and PTSD for many years now. I've cried alone for more years than I would like to say. I know how awful it can feel. I was a mature postgrad student for a while, but had to leave off from it because of my vulnerabilities. So yeah. My pm box is always open. There's a huge great link in my sig to it!

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 03:56 AM   #5
Tsuki

hi, I can relate to what your saying. I have social phobias so I have a hard time being with people...thats why I joined here ^.^ so I wouldnt be alone...

Old 27-06-2007, 11:56 AM   #6
Liz
Dont get this!

I am currently:

Thank you all. Its nice to have such lovely messages of support.

Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 12:13 PM   #7
Jetforce
Wound Care Advisor

I am currently:

If u need somebody to talk too...PM me and we'll try and get into contact

Take care of urself there in the meanwhile :)

Jet

Jetforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:39 PM   #8
Ajc

I am currently:

Im new too. Just no that everyone here is really supportive and no-one judges. If you need anything pm me xx

Ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2007, 02:28 PM   #9
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Welcome to RYL, I'm sorry to hear that things are so difficult for you. You say that things are difficult at the moment, but there are times when things are more managable? Try to hang on to that though, I know that it's not much when you are feeling really low but it can help a little to remind yourself that you can get through this. Perhaps when you are feeling a little better you could explore how you are feeling and how you could move forward.

Do you know if your college/uni has a student counselling service? That could be a start if you'd like to talk things through with someone. You can always get support here on RYL through the forums, or use Live Help, or email the supporters: support@recoveryourlife.com I am also here if you ever need anything. Is student life difficult for you because of your health? If there is a disability service you could get special arrangements made for you such as extra time in your exams and consideration of your health when exams are being marked. Use all the services that college/uni has to offer, they are there to help.

Maybe you could discuss with your doctor or whoever prescribed you the medication how you are feeling about taking it? It can make things worse if you stop taking it all of a sudden, you can always come off it gradually with some support. This may be contributing to how you are feeling.

Please take care, I am here for you any time. xxx

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2007, 04:41 PM   #10
beautiful&dying
I ain't thick it's just a trick

I am currently:

hi honey, i'm new here too and have a similar story to yourself, from what you posted above. I just wanted to say i'm here if you need a friend.
xxxxx

beautiful&dying is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)