RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 22-04-2015, 10:34 PM   #1
Liandri54

Relapse Prevention

I've had really hard times getting back up on my feet after I've cut myself, especially when I've been able to go a year or two without doing it. I found this post helpful with some good ideas for getting back up on your feet.

https://hopeshearth.wordpress.com/20...-isnt-the-end/

I'm looking for more ideas about what to right after I cut and I'm feeling guilty. I mean, in the long run, I feel like I know what to do...It's just for the day or so after I've cut, it's really hard to move on and not hate myself. Anyone have any?

Liandri54 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 02-05-2015, 08:06 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

There's a quote I'm thinking of and I can't quite find it but I think it was essentially saying that you don't climb a mountain in one go. You stop along the way when you get exhausted and you can either give up or you can get back up again and keep climbing and you do get to the top eventually.

I am also reminded of something that someone on here said to me (I just stalked myself to find it!): "as soon as you start heading towards goals, things get easier, and keep getting easier, are there are bumps, and tripping is allowed. What's not allowed is just lying face flat on the ground and saying "I've tripped too much so I don't want to walk anymore". *nods* That would be a waste of legs!"

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)