RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 02-01-2015, 12:28 PM   #1
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:
Breakfast ideas!

I need breakfast ideas please! Thrilling as it is eating kit kat chunkies and the like for breakfast, ideally I would like to eat something more wholesome. At 6.30am I am always bargaining with myself about things that I can skip doing in the morning in order to spend more time in bed, so things that are really low-effort to make would be ideal. If I could eat in on the bus and thereby not need to add any time to my morning routine that would be even better :P

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 12:31 PM   #2
Enthused
In a warm place

I am currently:

Cold pizza from the night before. Breakfast of champions.

Enthused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 12:45 PM   #3
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

That would require me to eat pizza the night before, but that isn't exactly a massive issue :P

Old 02-01-2015, 12:47 PM   #4
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Chopping up fruit for a fruit salad and have a pot of natural yoghurt with it, you can sprinkle museli on top too.
Ryvita with cream cheese and grapes/thin slices of apple. You can buy little pots of cream cheese so you can take them to work etc.
Cereal bars, but some of them are really sugary so if you watch your sugar intake you might want to check.
Overnight oats: 35g porridge oats, 200g natural yoghurt, mixed berries or any fruit. Layer the oats/yoghurt and fruit in a bowl or jar, cover and put in the fridge over night, the next morning the oats will have soaked up the yoghurt and you can sprinkle more fruit on the top. You can sub natural yoghurt for fruit yoghurts too.

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 12:59 PM   #5
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Liv has the ideas :)
Grab an empty jar (so hip) and put some cereal in the night before. In the morning blob a tub of yoghurt on there and mix it around, grab a spoon and you're good to go! Also good with oats.

If you have a blender you can cut up ingredients the night before for a breakfast smoothie and put them in the fridge, add milk or yoghurt or whatever liquid in the morning and go :)

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread as I have the same problem and often just eat Belvita breakfast biscuits as I drive !

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:43 PM   #6
Moonlight Princess
Never forgetting to be awesome

I am currently:

I second all of these ideas!
Yoghurt and honey would be nice (if you like honey)
Would toast be easy enough for you? I always feel like I have nice amounts of energy for my day if I start it with toast.

You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you wish to make.

Moonlight Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 05:31 PM   #7
when.will.it.end
{Katie}

I am currently:

Cereals and porridge are both pretty quick! Porridge is only 2mins in the microwave and cereal doesn't take any prep time. But cereal bars are good on the go! You could also buy smoothies (ready made) to take with you (innocent do the multi packs of kids smoothies but they are quite small, or you could just buy tescos own bottles of smoothies or similar!).

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world;
its the only thing that ever does.

when.will.it.end is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 06:42 PM   #8
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

Thanks for all the suggestions! I shall try out as many of them as I can =D

Old 03-01-2015, 04:34 AM   #9
Amaryllis
Forum Mod

I am currently:

Bagels with spread is my hurry item but the to-go oatmeal ones sound super good.

Men come and go, but dust accumulates.

Amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 05:06 AM   #10
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

My mum bought me one of these microwave soup mugs which is handy for porridge/breakfast generally because the list is spill proof and the handle means you can eat it while waiting for the bus/stood up on the bus. It's good with porridge but I use it for other breakfasts and lunches too.

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 04:12 PM   #11
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

What about birch meusli

Basically the night before add porridge oats, yoghurt and milk into a pot. Make it liquids but not to liquids as the oats will absorb it if it needs sweetening use honey. Then add fruit or raisins, nuts etc even chocolate. Put in fridge and then serve the following day if to dry add more milk/yoghurt. You can live on it for a few mornings.

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 05:39 PM   #12
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

Weetabix with fruit and such can be nommy and easy, they have suggestions on the packets sometimes :)

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter

Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:49 PM   #13
Harley's Dad

Has anyone here ever tried kedgeree? It takes longer to prepare than something just out of a packet but it's delicious, and sustaining.

And in the days when some people were privileged to live as in Downton Abbey then cold roast partridge was considered a good start to the day. I can only imagine it (since James and Harley keep me on the breadline) but I do have an interesting silver-plated egg shaped device, about a foot long, the top of which swivels open backwards to reveal a tray heated by coals from underneath. It dates from late Victorian/Edwardian times and an antique dealer friend tells me that it would have been used to keep bacon hot on the Victorian sideboard while guests helped themselves to breakfast. We don't use it, but it is very decorative ...

Tony.

Never surrender.

Harley's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 05:28 AM   #14
pugdog
Outsider

I am currently:

Can't beat a redbull on an empty stomach for breakfast... Oh wait, that's gross

I am like you, and try to eek out the last few minutes of sleep in the morning. I cant use the blender in the morning, as it'll wake up the wee ones. With the new year, I will be starting to experiment with smoothies made the night before. The tricky part is not having them separate or get all thin. I usually do fruit and yogurt.

-brian

'in the quiet heart is hidden, sorrow that the eye can't see'

pugdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 02:52 PM   #15
Isoverity

I am currently:

Smoothies. Throw some fruit and flax/chia seeds into a bullet blender with water, milk or almond milk. Then just rinse the blender and you're done

"Not all those who wander are lost" Tolkien

Isoverity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 04:46 AM   #16
Gofeen

Weetabix and banana or microwave porridge.

Gofeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 06:01 AM   #17
KelcieLe
This Member is currently Banned

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Make sure you have healthy breakfast. Be innovative. You can have fruits, salads, cereals , milk and other healthy food.

KelcieLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 10:41 PM   #18
Aardbei
Forum Mod

I am currently:

Perhaps not the most cost-effective, but things like breakfast biscuits/cereal bars are my go to because I find it difficult to stomach much in the morning but I know I should eat it. Another idea is yoghurt drinks - you can buy ones specifically for breakfast that contain grains and so on and you can just grab the bottle out of the fridge and go, plus as it's liquid it fills you up for longer :)

Aardbei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2015, 02:12 AM   #19
consequential

I have wholewheat toast with sweet chili hummus or porridge with skimmed milk and honey. Both are really filling and nutritious.

It became like a sort of prison. Encased in a silver shell, words so full of bleeding need spilled like drops on dry leaves. And all the while laughter prevailed a long way from here. Nowhere land, nowhere time, nowhere space.

consequential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2015, 03:32 AM   #20
chasing bliss
stuck doing people things

I am currently:

I usually have oatmeal with milk/almond milk and whatever I want thrown in (berries, bananas, nut butter, nuts, raisins, vanilla, seeds, etc.) or flax bread toast with peanut butter (it HAS to be the fancy-pants kind with only peanuts as an ingredient, and it HAS to be crunchy. I won't settle for less). I usually go for savoury breakfasts, and I'm allllways hungry in the morning. I like smoothies and yogurts and all that in nutritional principle, but I can't stand liquid-y meals. I like chewing.

well, i have sown untidy furrows 'cross my soul,
but I am still a coward,
content to see my garden grow so sweet & full
of someone else's flowers.

chasing bliss is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)