RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2008, 06:27 PM   #1121
soverynumb
I'm a fake:)

I am currently:

I am also a Christian & I SI. I've been doing both for years (Christian longer then SI'ing) I always wondered if SIing was considered a "sin"? What do you think & if you believe it is do you have anything to back up your assumption?

soverynumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:12 PM   #1122
Freedom Fighter

yes i beleve that SI is a sin

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (New International Version)

19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

Then wear the gold hat, if that will move her;
If you can bounce high, bounce for her too,
Till she cry "Lover, gold-hatted, high-bouncing lover,
I must have you!"

Thomas Parke D’Invilliers

Freedom Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:26 PM   #1123
Freedom Fighter

in other news i officially hate homecoming and its weeks away

I must have you!"

Old 13-09-2008, 12:11 AM   #1124
aquatickitten

I am currently:

dazedandconfused:

"About this slip business--I would not be too discouraged. I think you are suffering a great deal for a needless guilt....God is not asking us to be successful. He is only asking us to try to be." AA, 1958. we all have rough times, and you're still adjusting to school starting back up, which is enough to throw anyone for a loop. praying for you.

soverynumb: i also believe SI is a sin, for various reasons. I suggest looking at the Lysamena project website, http://www.self-injury.org.

particularly these pages:
http://www.self-injury.org/scriptureandsi.html
http://www.self-injury.org/dnj.html
http://www.self-injury.org/atonement.html

aquatickitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2008, 12:43 AM   #1125
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

dazedandconfused~ Praying for you!
and I can completely relate.
I went to camp like 3 weeks before I started my freshman year of high school, and I decided to stop cutting.
But within the first few days of class I was cutting even worse than before, and things spiraled downwards out of control from there...

My advice is to not rely on your own will power.
if your own will power was great enough to resist temptations, you really wouldn't need God. but luckily for us through the Holy Spirit we have the power to resist.
No matter what "the world" throws at us, Jesus is greater. (1 john 4:4)
since you are saved, you have the Holy Spirit inside of you, and "where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom"!!! (2 cor. 3:17)
don't try to do it on your own, rely on the unfailing power of God!

SI free solely by the grace of God!
August 2, 2007

healingraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2008, 06:40 PM   #1126
tamobhuuta

i've had some stuff going round my head the past few days and i wondered if any fellow christians had some answers...

i hear this voice and he says all kinds of stuff about my being a murderer and not really human. instinctively i believe him, he's very persuasive.
BUT
when i go to mass and take communion, it doesn't hurt me (which if i was some kind of evil spirit, surely it would) in fact i am grateful, almost happy, because the Precious Body can be all that keeps me going. how does that fit in with wanting to die?
and inside me there's this huge longing - to serve God, to be with Him (the voice laughs at me and says i oughtn't long for anything, even good things) so can something bad ever want to be good, and actually be made good by God? or does God just tell them to s** off? and i asked my therapist if she thought i was human, and she said definitely yes, but i'm not sure i can trust her.

sorry if these seem stupid questions, i hope someone can enlighten me a little.

PS hugs and peace :)

Ying tong iddle ai po!

tamobhuuta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2008, 09:19 PM   #1127
Angel_Girl
Polar Bear - you people are melting MY ICE!

I am currently:

I'm in trouble. I feel so empty, but at the same time, filled with emotions. I know the reason - I sooo want to tell someone. I want to tell my youth group priest. But. I'm afraid and ashamed. Of myself and of my SI. I tried giving him some tips, because I hoped he'll bring the subject up for me. He didn't, not yet. And it's killing me inside.

God made sure we'd meet.

Angel_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2008, 10:56 PM   #1128
tamobhuuta

Angel Girl: the simplest (but harder) thing to do is say "i'd like to talk to you about something. do you have time on such-and-such a day/this afternoon/whenever." and then see what he says. or you could drop him a note, if you think that might be easier. hope it goes ok xxx

Ying tong iddle ai po!

tamobhuuta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2008, 12:00 AM   #1129
aquatickitten

I am currently:

waiting in the dark: check out http://net-burst.net/search.htm, run by Grantley Morris. He's a wonderful christian man who deals with a variety of emotional and psychological issues from a christian point of view. Take him up on his offer to contact him--I have, and he's great at answering questions like the ones you had.

angel girl: people are quite famous for being...human. this guy is no exception. a lot of times, people don't want to believe it's possible someone they know is hurting themselves, especially someone who is under their care. if you want him to notice you are going to have to tell him. also, be warned that he may not have any experience working with self-harmers, and might react badly and not get it at first. a lot of people are like that. don't be discouraged though if that happens, just try to help him understand...it will be best in the long run for you, him, and anyone else he comes across with this problem...

Old 14-09-2008, 12:17 AM   #1130
aquatickitten

I am currently:

on a more personal note, I'm not feeling great at the moment. :sigh: i'm so tired, i want to curl up and sleep...i'm making myself keep on going, but the numbness is trying to take over. i'm hurting, too, which is the other reason i feel like curling up...probably due to not enough sleep and my very busy schedule messing with my eating patterns, hypersensitivity b/c of low blood sugar. i have young adults group tomorrow night, with a group of people that i still view as family but...they're a dysfuntional family. we've gone through a lot of drama in the past two years, and I feel like i don't know them any more. I don't trust them anymore. What was that verse in proverbs? ah, found it..."putting confidence in an unreliable person in times of trouble is like chewing with a broken tooth or walking on a lame foot." it's so strange being around them, because part of me wants to go back to what we used to have...but it can't happen. they've changed. and being around them, i pick up all their bad habits and their attitude...i don't know. life is so confusing, and god feels so far away tonight...

Old 14-09-2008, 12:23 AM   #1131
Freedom Fighter

*hugs and prayer to all*

I must have you!"

Old 14-09-2008, 12:46 AM   #1132
dazedandconfused

I am currently:

thanks guys :)
and i'll be praying for you guys too

Love so amazing, so divine
demands my soul, my life, my all. =)

dazedandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2008, 04:48 PM   #1133
Angel_Girl

I am currently:

acquatickitten: I understand your situation because something very similar happened to me. I had a group of friends from my youth group whom I used to trust. We've known each other for almost 10 years now. But lately... There were many unpleasant surprises. My "friends" turned out to be a bunch of immature, arrogant, envious teenagers. I'm very disappointed, but at the same time I'm glad. At least I know where I am with them now.
My advice would be: pray for your friends and for yourself. It's hard to forgive sometimes.

God made sure we'd meet.

Old 14-09-2008, 04:51 PM   #1134
Angel_Girl

I am currently:

Hm. How can I become a member of the prayer team? I saw it in your sigs...

God made sure we'd meet.

Old 14-09-2008, 06:35 PM   #1135
Freedom Fighter

yes just copy the pic into your sig and pm aquatic kitten

I must have you!"

Old 14-09-2008, 07:56 PM   #1136
aquatickitten

I am currently:

first of all, when did i become the person in charge of the prayer team? LOL. really, you don't need my permission or anything! i'm not in charge, God is. i'm trying to make this a group effort, and get input from everyone. i just happen to have organizational skills, that's all. we did put together a list of commitments, which i'll send you.

angel girl, thank you :) it's not that i am angry at them anymore, just that...i don't trust them not to hurt me again. being around them hurts because part of me wants to relax and let them get close again, but...honestly, it took me a long time to see that my relationship with them was unhealthy. another girl, who's like a sister to me, figured it out long before i did and couldn't understand why i let them walk all over me and kept going back...i haven't seen them over the summer really, and i spent last sunday with them. on my way home, i couldn't figure out why i felt so sad and anxious...until i realized it was because i had been with them all day. my summer has been the most stable time i've had in my life in a long time, and it turns out it's because my friends weren't around to wreak havoc on my emotions. i love them, but they treat me like...well, badly. and i didn't see what was going on, because after growing up in my home, that's normal...but then i got time away from them, and suddenly i'm able to see that hey, being around them shouldn't make me feel this way. it's how i used to feel around my father: so anxious to be loved that i would do almost anything, second-guessing every word that came out of my mouth, beating myself up for every small mistake, thinking every time i was mistreated it was my fault because i messed up somewhere along the line. and now that i've realized it, it's hard to be around them. i know it was probably never intentional on their part, but...i don't want them to think things are like they always were. but i don't know how to have them realize they need to treat me like a human being without telling them that they haven't been. not for a long time now. we used to be close, everything used to be ok in the beginning. we bonded over our mutual pain and issues, but now...they've become holier-than-thou types, and i've become...me. not cutting anymore but still acknowledging that i'm not better than anyone else. i don't know how to relate to these people, i really don't, and i have to leave in 10 minutes to go back to church and i don't want to go, but then they'll want to know why i wasn't there and...gah. pray for me, guys. i need some guidance. peace would be nice, too. :)

Old 14-09-2008, 08:10 PM   #1137
Freedom Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquatickitten View Post
first of all, when did i become the person in charge of the prayer team? LOL. really, you don't need my permission or anything! i'm not in charge, God is. i'm trying to make this a group effort, and get input from everyone. i just happen to have organizational skills, that's all. we did put together a list of commitments, which i'll send you.
Then ill send her the commitments you just started the team so i thought it was your pet project

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquatickitten View Post
we bonded over our mutual pain and issues, but now...they've become holier-than-thou types, and i've become...me. not cutting anymore but still acknowledging that i'm not better than anyone else. i don't know how to relate to these people, i really don't, and i have to leave in 10 minutes to go back to church and i don't want to go, but then they'll want to know why i wasn't there and...gah. pray for me, guys. i need some guidance. peace would be nice, too.
that sux
grace and peace and prayer to you

I must have you!"

Old 14-09-2008, 08:24 PM   #1138
rach

I am currently:

*waves*
I'm a Roman Catholic
*goes back to hiding*

rach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2008, 08:28 PM   #1139
Freedom Fighter

*hugs rach* welcome to the thread we have a mix of Catholics and Protestants here

I must have you!"

Old 14-09-2008, 08:29 PM   #1140
aquatickitten

I am currently:

thank you, ph1sh...i needed that.

rach, hi :) you're welcome here

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)