RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 20-01-2014, 08:12 AM   #1
babii.blu.eyes.
So ToGeThEr YeT sO bRoKeN uP iNsIdE

I am currently:
i cant *trigger sui*

ive been suffering for so long and i dont know if i can keep going. i have tried to kill myself before and not succeeded. i came close last year. really close. but the doctors brought me back and at first i hated them for it. but then i started thinking maybe it was good and i could survive but lately it feels like i wish they had let me die.

i try and tell my psychiatrist hot much im struggling and she says i just need to work harder. keep myself up and about and out of bed. talk more in therapy. just work harder. as if it is that simple. just take some prns. she wont let me stay long in hospital which i dont mind so much because i dont like being locked up but i do mind in the way that im never staying long enough for proper support.
i try and tell my group whats going on but the group psychs just keep saying i gotta keep doing what im doing and things will get better. just keep trucking. but i dont know if i can. i dont know how much longer ive got left in me.
i try and tell my psychologist and she says talk more. be brave and open up more. but she doesnt give me a secure environment to do that in. she cant because my psychiatrist wont admit me long term or for more then just a few weeks max.
i try and tell my mom and she just says 'bad days happen' 'we all have bad days' 'just keep doing what youre doing' 'just keep trying'. she makes out that im just having 'bad days' that its no big deal that im suicidal and being tortured by my own thoughts and feelings. she tries to make it sound like im being a drama queen. she has always made me feel a bit like my problems dont count because 'its just mental illness'

i dont know what to do. i cant hold on much longer i think. i dont know what to do. i found a place that might be able to help me. but i cant afford it. i dont know what to do. i dont know how to be listened to by these people because ive been FIGHTING to be heard for years and still no one seems to be listening to what i say. i could scream my pain from the rooftops and no one would even notice because i am invisible and i dont matter and my life doesnt matter and thats all there is to it i guess. no one will ever listen so i wont get better and i'll just end up killing myself and then they will be like 'whyd she do that' because despite the fact my lungs are aching from screaming NO ONE is listening.

we are broken - we are confused - we are scared..
together we survive - together we make it through..
aNnA~eLiZaBeTh
GeMiNi~BaBy

babii.blu.eyes. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2014, 01:37 PM   #2
Wonderland.

Sorry to hear you are struggling.

It can be difficult when people just say to keep fighting, especially when you have been fighting for so long and don't feel anything is changing. It might just be that you can't see that you've made steps forward however small they may be. The fact the you have kept fighting is brilliant, it shows a lot of strength of character. It might help to thinking about why you have kept on fighting, and use that reason to keep you striving forward. I find having things to look forward to acts as a reason to keep going, so I make sure I keep planning things to enjoy. Maybe you could do the same.

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2014, 01:42 PM   #3
Patent Pending
★ Katie ★

I am currently:

Hey,

I'm sorry you're struggling so much right now. It sounds like you've been trying really hard to improve things in your life but you feel that the support you're offered is no where near enough and that no one can see that you ARE trying. It can be very, very frustrating.

You say at the start of your post that " but then I started thinking maybe it was good and I could survive" - this is a feeling you need to hold on to. You felt that way before and you can do again.

Have you asked your psychiatrist about why they do not think a long stay in hospital is considered? I know there are a lot of restraints with financial costs and only a small number of beds available, but there must be an explanation as to why if you are in and out all the time, why they don't think a longer stay is suitable.

How do you find therapy? Is it helpful? Do you feel able to open up during the sessions?

Your mum is right, we all do have bad days, but knowing that doesn't make them easier to get through - it can be very disheartening to keep having these rough patches when we're working so hard at feeling better. Of course, it is a big deal that you're suicidal and I'm sure you're mum isn't trying to invalidate that - possibly just trying to say that being suicidal right now doesn't mean that you will always be like this, or that it's the end of the world.

Do you find any enjoyment in anything at the moment? Seeing friends or hobbies or anything?

We're here to listen to you.

x x x

It's the ups and downs of living life this way. Promise me you'll never go away. Just stay with me through one more night because it's always darkest before the light and now I promise you I'll never turn away. I won't let you give us one less heart to break...

Patent Pending is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)