RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 05-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #23801
Doikers
Louder Than God's Revolver and Twice as Shiny

I am currently:

Hey Stuart! *Hugs* How are you ?

*Hugs Bramble* I'm sorry your partner doesen't understand.

*Hugs Tinkles* It worked a bit but wore off....... I'm now on Cymbalta and Lithium (Which I swear by)

*Decks the Thread out with bean bag chairs* comfy comfy comfy :)

I'm still not comfortable in my skin and the anasthetic's slowly wearing thin - Otep
Everyones lost but me! - Indiana Jones

It's okay , they know me here .

Kahlia1981 is my adopted little sister :)

''Courage doesn't always roar , sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow"

Doikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:28 AM   #23802
Tig

Brambles - I'm sorry it's hard being at home. I wonder if it's not that your partner doesn't understand, but just that he's feeling a little bit out of his depth? You've been very poorly and in hospital for a while, so like you need time to adjust to being out of hospital, he needs that too. Are you able to talk to him about how you are feeling?

*Takes a bean bag*

My friend has come to stay for the weekend :)

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #23803
bullettheory

I am currently:

Hey Mark *hugs* Not good at all today :( Reached a point with my girlfriend where she has told me some things about herself which I know is just her, but it is just going to be a massive personality clash, and I don't think I will be able to cope with it. She's polyamorus which will just be a major problem, because I am already a very jealous person, and with her feeling the same about other people at the same time, it's just going to be one big trigger for abandonment fears. I don't know if I will be able to cope with the anxiety and the fears, but at the same time, she is perfect and such a lovely person, and I can't afford to let her go out of my life. So I'm a bit lost.

How are you?

Tig - hope you and your friend have fun :)

bullettheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #23804
ferretmonster

oh Stuart thats a tough one. I have a friend who is polyamourous and she is so happy but that can only happen if everyone is ok with it. I know personally i couldn't do it.

brambles i'm so sorry your partner isn't understanding. have you explained how you feel? Some people are just scared by mental health because they don't understand, and it can be scary to see a loved one go through these things.

umm well i managed to get some tidying and hoovering and i have a lovely mop dog with me :D

ferretmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #23805
Fire Fly
Feel free to be yourself

I am currently:

That sucks Stuart - i dont know much about it just checking out what it is on google so excuse me if i get something wrong. Is there anyway she can be with only you? or is her feelings too strong with other people too? It wasnt clear on Wiki.

Ohh Have fun lottie :)

Last edited by Fire Fly : 05-05-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Ballerina123 - My lovely superstar

Call me R -

The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time - Abraham Lincoln

Fire Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #23806
Wellingtons

I don't know, he just has no compassion. He doesn't seem to realise the effect MH can have on people. For instance when I was first admitted, he came to take me out for a couple of hours. Obviously I was still quite unwell, and was really, really low. He said "Smile! You look Miserable"...... And when I was really ill and had a full blown manic/psychotic episode (I'm diagnosed Bipolar I), afterwards(when I had been brought back down from the episode, a couple of weeks later) he was laughing at me and making fun of me. Which was really mean and unfair, because I had zero insight or control at the time.

Wellingtons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #23807
ferretmonster

hmm sounds hard brambles, have you tried explaining to him how this makes you feel? He might just be trying to cope with your MH and not realise he's hurting you?

Old 05-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #23808
Doikers

I am currently:

Thats no good Bramble :( *Hugs*

*Hugs Stuart* I'm sorry , I'm going to be no good advice as I struggle with relationships but thinking of you.

*Hugs Ferret* MOPS!

*Hugs Lotti*Are you having Fun ? I hope so :)

I'm still not comfortable in my skin and the anasthetic's slowly wearing thin - Otep

''Courage doesn't always roar , sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow"

Old 05-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #23809
Doikers

I am currently:

how do Igive up booze and injury , and not replace it with another behavior
?

Old 06-05-2012, 12:09 AM   #23810
bullettheory

I am currently:

Thank you everyone *hugs* It was a bit of a misunderstanding on my part I think. She was saying that she is poly but she only wants to be with me, it was that she was having some small feelings for her ex (we got together soon after they broke up, so she is still getting over it). I can live with that, so hoping it will be ok.

Mark - I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that because I'm trying to do the same (well, reckless driving instead of booze), but am struggling with it too. So *hugs*, I know how you feel and I hope you find something (good) that can replace booze and SH for you *hugs*

Bramble - Congrats on getting out of hospital! *hugs* Sorry that your partner isn't understanding. Maybe he isn't sure how to react to your mental illness, and this is his way of coping with it? It doesn't make it alright for him to act like that though, and maybe it's worth having a chat with him and letting him know how you feel. *hugs*

Old 06-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #23811
Doikers

I am currently:

*Hugs Stuart* It's a toughie , Thanks. How are you today?

Old 06-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #23812
bullettheory

I am currently:

*Hugs Mark* I'm alright, how are you?

Old 06-05-2012, 02:06 PM   #23813
Wellingtons

Thanks, I'm still IP there though, just got weekend leave. Been 7 weeks now I think.

I dunno, he's just a c**k, haha.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #23814
Doikers

I am currently:

I feel oay Stuart *Hugs*

*Hugs Bramble*

Old 06-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #23815
Fire Fly
Feel free to be yourself

I am currently:

Hey guys,
Stuart, that's great news that he wants to be with you only. Hopefully her feelings for her ex will go soon :)

Brambles- have you had a nice weekend home? Get up to anything exciting? Is there anyway you could take ur husband into one of ur therapy sessions so u and ur therapist can try to explain to him what's going on?

Sorry Mark I have no idea. How are you doing today though?

Just on my way to see my dad and my cute doggy :). Feeling a bit nervous- surrounded by tons of people. Eeeeeh.

Hope everyone is okay :) x

Ballerina123 - My lovely superstar

Call me R -

The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time - Abraham Lincoln

Fire Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #23816
Doikers

I am currently:

*Glomps Tinkles* Good luck with the crowd!

Old 06-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #23817
Wellingtons

I don't have therapy at the unit. I could ask one of the psych nurses to speak to him, but he'd only get hurt and go in a mood and huff.

Had a great weekend. I used to get paid to ride this guys horses, so I went up to visit him and ride his new youngster. I've got a lesson booked tomorrow which my fiance isn't happy with. I've got a job riding and competing horses, so he thinks it's daft I should pay to ride. But I've not really ridden for about a year (because of having the baby, and being ill) so I badly need lessons, and I don't want it to be from the guy I ride for (a different one, back home as am at IL's now). So riding again tomorrow. And we're off to the cinema tonight :)

Old 06-05-2012, 06:58 PM   #23818
Wellingtons

Back to hospital tomorrow afternoon.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #23819
ferretmonster

glad u had a good weekend brambles, i slept til 1pm today no idea how or why but i do remember mop dog licking my face to death several times

i think the poor boy has an ear infection which i did mention to his owner last time but will stress it this time,

hes currently using me as a climbing post

Old 06-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #23820
Doikers

I am currently:

*Climbs up Ferret*

Bramble , take care.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)