RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-09-2013, 08:19 PM   #1
sunshine100
~Sunshine~

I am currently:
Coping with a relationship ending

I've been in a relationship with my bf for 2.5 years. We've lived together the last year and a half, and he is the most normal, well balanced individual I've ever met.

However, he seems to have 'had enough' of me making mistakes, particularly if I've had a drink (i.e. getting a taxi back with people I don't know that well). He keeps treating me like I'm child who can't look after them-self.

Nothing drastic has happened, there's been no massive argument or disagreement, no one's cheated, but I feel like our relationship might be coming to an end.

Does anyone have any words of support, advice or encouragement as this is a really difficult time?

Thanks

Take too many pictures, laugh too much and love like you've never been hurt because every 60seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back
...don't be afraid your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

sunshine100 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 13-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #2
ontheverge

I am currently:

Hey Sunshine. Have you talked to him about how you are feeling? Like things might be ending? Sometimes just communicating your worries to your partner opens up a space for change. I hope you two are able to work through things.

ontheverge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #3
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

As above, it might be good to talk things out with your partner and see how you could work things out x

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 08:19 PM   #4
sunshine100
~Sunshine~

I am currently:

Thanks, we have tried talking it over but I'm starting to think that we're fundamentally different. He's become incredibly intolerant, and I'm only human so I'm not perfect.

Take too many pictures, laugh too much and love like you've never been hurt because every 60seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back
...don't be afraid your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

sunshine100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #5
Jacinthe

It seems like he's too worried and care much about you, as you know too much love would bring problems and in one way it's good because he's accepting the way you are. Don't get me wrong here, you have to change yourself.

Jacinthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2013, 12:33 AM   #6
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

have you ever tried any kind of counselling, like Relate?
you've been with him a long time, so it might be good to try some more things to try and help and find out what's wrong
x

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)