RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-05-2013, 12:54 AM   #21
sapphire hearts
Maybe it's too late to live and feel safe

I am currently:

I wear make-up and heels on a daily basis, but I don't expect anyone else to - my 'fussy feminine sh*t', as it has been referred to, is a product of supreme insecurity and constantly being told how I have to look/act. I agree that beauty comes from within (although it makes me extremely unattractive, lol) and I think that the most beautiful person is someone who is comfortable with themselves, whether that's in a 'make-up, skirts, heels' way or a 'tracksuit, comfy' way.

Just adding my copper to the sum :)

Ask me mistakes I have made
Ask me whether what I have done is my life

Others have come, in their slow way -
And some have come to help, or to hurt -

Ask me what difference
Their strongest love or hate has made.

sapphire hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2013, 12:48 AM   #22
ASkatersDream...

I am currently:

I say pretty not beautiful but anyway but im gping put saturday night with work collegues into town if I wore what i do to work on dress down days I wouldnt even be let into a pub or club.

Saturday im showing my colleagues my pretty made an effort aide and I dont think people would be starring at me quite so much when im in a dress.

Making an effort and thinking I look pretty makes me feel better about myself.

Believe <3

ASkatersDream... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2013, 01:12 AM   #23
yourockmysocks

I try to look beautiful because I like to score. ;)

yourockmysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #24
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASkatersDream... View Post
if I wore what i do to work on dress down days I wouldnt even be let into a pub or club.
What really? That's discrimination!

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #25
Steel Maiden

Thanks for the input everyone.

I am going for my CPA meeting today and from what you all say about looking good, I'm going to ask my Dad what I should wear. I don't own any smart clothes, but I do own tidy clothes.

I am thinking that if people equate "looking good" to "being good" then if I wear tidy clothes to my CPA, my psychiatrist will think I am doing well mentally? I'm not sure.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.

Old 11-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #26
snailonvalium
*~manda~*

I dont own smart clothes but find looking tidy always gives a good impression.
I always were jeans or combats and tshirts/rugby shirts/loose fitting shirts, even to work.
My psych usually puts in letters that I was smartly dressed, even though the clothes I listed above arent what I would class as smart, so its possible to look it without actually wearing sterotypical smart clothes, if that makes any sense?
Like my nurse used to comment I was always smartly dressed which I took to mean my clothes were clean, looked liked theyd been ironed (I dont iron anything), id washed and washed my hair and things...
Might not be everyones idea of smart but thats what it means to me.

snailonvalium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:04 PM   #27
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:

I must admit, I am not a fan of make up, I much prefer ladies not to wear any but I wouldn't stop them if they wanted to :)

FabulousMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #28
angel of despair

I am currently:

I dont really like wearing make up, makes me feel uncomfortable, I have to admit when people comment on my lack of make it makes me feel self concious enough to start wearing it again, untill i get bored

angel of despair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #29
lottybear

I think its what ever makes you happy, if your happy wearing comfortable clothes then thats a good thing. im kinda the same i would rather wear something practical and warm rather than fashionable. Its whatever makes you happy. i once wore a party dress with a pair of uggs lol. xxx

Last edited by lottybear : 12-06-2013 at 08:14 PM. Reason: speling
lottybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #30
brianadam

Yes its right that society cares about beauty.
But I never rely on others decisions or opinion, I always do what makes me feel good.

brianadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 01:29 PM   #31
Myimmortalgirl
Heather Peace's Wife

I like to make sure I don't look like people would stare at me, but I do get shy, But I work in a shop so have to look presentable. Though sometimes I cannot be bothered(today for example I never even brushed my hair when I went out)

Myimmortalgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #32
Field Of Paper Flowers
Random Hero

I don't think it's important to look or even be beautiful. I know I like to make myself look nice if I'm feeling a bit glum or if I'm going out somewhere nice. It's not for other people, it's for myself.

I don't wear make up... Well I wear lipstick and lip gloss but that's it. No foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, nothing. I don't feel the need to, I used to when I was younger and now I look back I think "Urgh I looked awful with make up!" not because the make up was badly done, just because I personally think I look like a transvestite with it and look better without.

The media are always trying to put their distorted image of beauty across to the public and really it's just someone who is really good at Photoshop and a normal person being faffed and played with on there to look "beautiful".

Looking good is a better term I think, if you feel good with the way you look then you look it in my mind. :)

Field Of Paper Flowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2013, 04:55 PM   #33
Steel Maiden

This is a good discussion. I like reading it.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)