RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-11-2015, 09:29 AM   #1
Between Two Lungs
And exhale.

I am currently:
How do you spend your time?

I just wanted some suggestions of how to spend time. I'm currently struggling with food/weight and 100% of the time I'm awake, I feel I need to be doing something and often the only thing I can come up with is exercise because my levels of concentration/attention-span are too low for anything else, and I'm quite restless. I'm even struggling to concentrate on tv shows. If I have nothing to do, I end up feeling very distressed and self-harm urges rocket. Does anyone have any suggestions of how I can fill my time?

The only thing more unthinkable than leaving was staying; the only thing more impossible than staying was leaving. I didn't want to destroy anything or anybody. I just wanted to slip quietly out the back door, without causing any fuss or consequences, and then not stop running until I reached Greenland.
Elizabeth Gilbert

Between Two Lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2015, 10:11 AM   #2
Wonderland.

Sorry to hear you are struggling with food so much, we are here if you want to talk about it.

I've been gradually looking in shops for xmas presents for friends and family.
I also meet up with friends in a cafe - my friends know I have an ED so I'm lucky enough for them to not comment on what drink I get.
I'm going to my nearest city xmas markets.
I go and visit the family or they come see me.
I have started gradually clearing out bits an bobs to go to charity little by little.
I make time for snuggles with my cat and kitten.
I have a pamper box with bath bombs/melts, face masks, foot pampering stuff which I use when I feel I'm in need of some self-pampering.

There is probably more I do... I will add anything if I've missed anything off which I likely have.

I do other stuff but it requires a good degree of concentration.

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2015, 07:38 PM   #3
marimar

Hey i get that state of not being able to concentrate, think almost everyone here does. You're not alone.
Try to rest as much as you can and eat regulary so that your body and subsequently your brain will start to recuperate. In the meantime, i used to take long baths, do my nails, put music on and sing along pretending to be a singer (lol imbarrassing but makes the time go by quicker), go shopping - this can also demand a lot of concentracion so i was mostly browsing. Also trying to write anything, whatever was in my head at the moment, coloring or drawing or whatever creative you like doing. Pinterest makes the time go by as well. Hope you find something as i know how dounting it is not to be able to star anything but still feeling bored. Good luck

marimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2015, 05:00 AM   #4
CannedWalrus

I am currently:

I've been focusing some of my attention on things that are methodical and don't require all that much attention or invested thinking. I'm in the process of learning crochet via YouTube videos so I can make a beanie for my baby nephew at Christmas.

I am trying to get away from watching movies and TV all the time because it makes me feel so lazy. Sometimes I just like to drive to a new nearby city or town and explore new places.

Also, meetup.com is a great place to find people looking to congregate and meet each other to participate in or talk about their common interests. It's been a great help to me during a time of extreme isolation and depression.

CannedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2015, 09:23 PM   #5
[pretty on the inside]

I am currently:

I had this problem when I started recovery - I realised I didn't actually know how to fill my time because I spent all of it doing ED stuff! I think creative hobbies are a great way of filling time. I got majorly back into writing when I recovered, and I draw from time to time too. Creative stuff is good for expressing yourself (even if you never show anyone your work) so I find it relieves some of my worst feelings.

xKaylx

[pretty on the inside] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 02:03 PM   #6
liquidtroll

I am currently:

Good day to everyone,

You can also try to read some books, it's a really good idea. Or you can also go for a walk in the woods, so you will be able to chill. Hope i helped you a bit.

liquidtroll is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)