RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 24-12-2015, 06:58 AM   #1
olliemoose

I am currently:
Do I have an ED? - unusual symptoms, slightly concerned

I've just recently been put on a new medication that has the side effect of suppressed appetite, and I think this might have triggered something in me.

First it started out with just not being hungry, but lately it's gotten to the point where I don't want to eat when I actually am hungry and nothing actually seems worth eating so when I'm hungry I just won't eat. I've been consciously taking smaller portions and feeling very guilty after I eat to the point where I've contemplated making myself vomit in order to empty my stomach.

If I eat a bigger meal I feel as though I have to do something in order to work it off or else I get depressed and anxious. The thought of gaining weight also makes me very anxious. I've been hyper-aware of how my body is, especially with weight distribution.

Overall I just have no desire to eat and the thought of eating stresses me out. Could this just be a side effect of the medication, or maybe I'm getting depressed again? Any advice would be much appreciated!

"The man in the song tries to love the girl, but she's not really there, not all the way. She's running from something inside of her that he can't see. I think that there's something like that inside of me." - Laurel, Love Letters to the Dead

olliemoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2015, 07:15 AM   #2
Unbreakable.
We can try. We can always try.

I am currently:

I would definitely advise you to speak to your doctor about this.

Not eating enough for whatever reason can severely impact your health.
Your doctor will know how likely it's related to meds and can refer you for treatment in case it's a mental or physical health issue.
I find that anything that affects my eating in a physical way tends to also affect the mental side of things so it could be a mix of both and looking into fixing the physical side can help to relieve the psychological symptoms.

the sun

the moon

the truth

Unbreakable. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2015, 01:30 AM   #3
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

I agree that it would be a good idea to speak to your doctor about this.

I find having poor appetite and low mood can impact on my eating and thoughts about food, which can then reduce my appetite and make my mood worse. Getting out of the cycle sooner helps to minimise it's impact.

Have you felt like this before?

In my dreams I slew the dragon

tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)