RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 03-12-2015, 02:32 PM   #1
marimar

First alarming signs and how to deal with them

Hi, i need to share my feelings with someone so hope you guys don't mind reading :) i had a really exhausting period until July that completely drained me and i ended up restricting a bit to compensate the anxiaty and stress i was constantly exposed to. As a result i lost a bit of weight but i spend almost 4 months in my home country trying to sleep, rest and enjoy life and that got me back on track.
I'm now back in England, working here and i'm starting to notice first warning signs. I'm always eating regulary (having 3 main meals and 3 snacks) but the problem with me is quantity of food. So recently i started feeling full all the time, i literally make myself eat when i'm supposed to eat, i'm overcouncious of my body and how big it is. I'm really picky with food, i didn't eat anything sweet in ages... my weight is still the same as i'm not seriously excercising (just doing yoga) and i'm making myself eat but i don't know what's going on again and why do i feel like this. I almost never feel hungry any more and i'm afraid i'll end up losing weight again and endanger my health. I don't want to lose weight so i'm not sure what's going on and how i can stop this before i end up ill again.
Any help or advice would be really appreciated :)

marimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 01:29 PM   #2
marimar

Hi, thanks for your reply. I don't think it's a physical thing, it's more how i feel around food. Over the years i kind of managed to have these 2 separate voices in my head. One is a sensible one that knows i have to eat a certain amount in order not to lose weight and not to be ill. That's the one that makes me eat every day. But there's also the other one that's scared around food and makes me be really picky, pay attention to what i eat and how much, when i eat, what i drink and how much i exercise. Those two are in constant conflict and it just depends on the phase i'm in, which one will have more strenght. So i usually manage to be sensible enough to eat but how much is questionable.
I recently notices i'm kind of going down the route of not eating quite as much as i should, the anxiaty is starting to kick off and i'm not sure how to stop it. I seem unable to incorporate proper eating in a normal life. It's either i'm in a recovery mode and i more or less stop other things or i live life, go out, work and restrict on top of it. It's unsustainable for a long term... i'm stuck...

marimar is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)