RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 17-03-2012, 07:31 PM   #23141
Tig

Haha, true!

I am finally doing my goal for the day - tidying the dreaded bedroom! So many clothes, oops.

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #23142
Doikers
Louder Than God's Revolver and Twice as Shiny

I am currently:

I did my goal for the day painting edges of walls for a few hours today , and will be painting tomorrow too.

I'm still not comfortable in my skin and the anasthetic's slowly wearing thin - Otep
Everyones lost but me! - Indiana Jones

It's okay , they know me here .

Kahlia1981 is my adopted little sister :)

''Courage doesn't always roar , sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow"

Doikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 08:11 PM   #23143
Doikers

I am currently:

Well that was comprhesive Lotti! :p

I'm still not comfortable in my skin and the anasthetic's slowly wearing thin - Otep

''Courage doesn't always roar , sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow"

Old 17-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #23144
Tig

Well done Mark with your productive day and the game as well!

Old 17-03-2012, 09:32 PM   #23145
Doikers

I am currently:

Thanks Lotti :)

Old 17-03-2012, 10:54 PM   #23146
hellz

I am currently:

Hey guys I don't know why I'm posting cause I don't have anything helpful to say but I was reading for a bit of distraction and so I thought I may aswell say a quick hello too. I love the distraction list idea think I will attempt to try a few.

No comment

hellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 11:02 PM   #23147
Doikers

I am currently:

*Hugs Hellz* Hope you're okay

Old 17-03-2012, 11:44 PM   #23148
Tig

Hi Hellz *hugs* hope reading the thread has provided a bit of distraction for you x

Old 18-03-2012, 05:52 AM   #23149
_wendy_
meaningless

I am currently:

stupid damn insomnia :( could cry right about now. oh sod it, why not

Qualified Peer Support Worker (2017)

current mental health diagnoses: depression, PTSD, GAD, self harm, bpd

current meds (as at Feb 2017): , thyroxine, metformin, iron, b12, vit d, atenolol, Butec, Naproxen, Nefopam, Lanzoprazole, Bupropion, quetiapine (prn)

_wendy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 11:11 AM   #23150
Doikers

I am currently:

*Hugs You all* Once again I'm sorry for the short post but once the decourating and moving have been done I hope to get back on top of things.

Old 18-03-2012, 04:45 PM   #23151
whirlpools

Just thought I'd drop in and say hi, and send my love and hugs. Also, I will put my thinking cap on re: more distractions. The list is very good so far. Maybe once it's done we can phone it through to our local crisis teams so they can be more creative when they suggest to people on the phone to distract themselves!

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #23152
Tig

Quote:
Originally Posted by reappear View Post
Just thought I'd drop in and say hi, and send my love and hugs. Also, I will put my thinking cap on re: more distractions. The list is very good so far. Maybe once it's done we can phone it through to our local crisis teams so they can be more creative when they suggest to people on the phone to distract themselves!
Haha now that is a good idea and made me laugh, thank you.
I'm with you Dash, I think I will post in anonymously. It would actually be a really good idea for crisis teams etc because I guess they may not neccessarily know.

The BPD thread distraction list

1. Watch TV/DVDs/programmes/etc - I love doing this, it helps me to distract myself from everything and just focus on what I'm watching :) I tend to get obsessed ;p

2. Play music really loud & sing/scream - this is really good, too, 'cause screaming the lyrics and just listening and focusing on a song helps tons!

3. Have a cup of tea - can be very soothing, and it's tasty, and warm :)

4. Read a book - it can be very helpful to read books when you're having a hard time, it can be anything, a magazine even too! Just something to focus on and enjoy / be interested in. :)

5. Text/call someone - I do this muchly!

6. Have a bath with favourite bubble bath/scent etc and candle lit.

7. Go for a walk and admire small things that are beautiful but often go unnoticed.

8. If you have a pet, have a cuddle with them or take care of them.

9. Make a collage using pictures from the internet/magazines etc to display how you are feeling.

10. Make a collage/poster on recovery and your goals/aims/dreams etc.

11. Play a game, such as an App on your phone or on the computer. This can help bring your focus away from whatever is going on.

12. Use some non toxic paints and paint pretty patterns on your body/hands.

13. Sing - apparently it's impossible to think and sing at the same time. (Now you'll try that out!)

14. Do a puzzle.

15. Play an instrument or if you can't play an instrument, consider learning to play an instrument.

16. If you like writing, decide on a random title yourself or use a story generator to start off a fictional story.

Last edited by Tig : 18-03-2012 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Added to distraction list
Old 18-03-2012, 05:14 PM   #23153
Tig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash View Post
Maybe we could try and send a copy to someone at every PCT.
That's a good idea. I also liked your idea above about putting where it has come from, unless people are very concerned about being traced. Though in all honesty they could trace us anyway as my (old) CPN used to say Helpful she was, aha!

Old 18-03-2012, 05:45 PM   #23154
whirlpools

1. Watch TV/DVDs/programmes/etc - I love doing this, it helps me to distract myself from everything and just focus on what I'm watching :) I tend to get obsessed ;p

2. Play music really loud & sing/scream - this is really good, too, 'cause screaming the lyrics and just listening and focusing on a song helps tons!

4. Read a book - it can be very helpful to read books when you're having a hard time, it can be anything, a magazine even too! Just something to focus on and enjoy / be interested in. :)

7. Go for a walk and admire small things that are beautiful but often go unnoticed.

9. Make a collage using pictures from the internet/magazines etc to display how you are feeling.

11. Play a game, such as an App on your phone or on the computer. This can help bring your focus away from whatever is going on.

13. Sing - apparently it's impossible to think and sing at the same time. (Now you'll try that out!)

14. Do a puzzle.

15. Play an instrument or if you can't play an instrument, consider learning to play an instrument.

16. If you like writing, decide on a random title yourself or use a story generator to start off a fictional story.

17. Go on comedy websites (such as Today's Big Fail http://www.todaysbigfail.com/view/20120318 )

18. Find your favourite film and snuggle under a duvet with your favourite film.

19. Reach out to someone and offer them some help.

20. Do a Random Act of Kindness for someone, anyone, that happens to be around. Alternatively, 'pass on' an act of kindness that someone has done to you.

21. Bake fairy cakes and ice them (or bake anything!).

22. Get a huge piece of paper/stick loads of bits together and just throw paint at it, Jackson Pollock style.

23. Take photographs of random things in your flat/house/room, or go for a photo walk.

24. Make a glitter jar/cake in a jar/positive affirmations in a jar.

25. Go on YouTube and watch old people's reactions to Dubstep.

26. Make a 'wellbeing toolbox' - get a shoebox or a bag, decorate it and fill it with things you can turn to when you're feeling overwhelmed, like favourite music, letters you've received from people, little toys/bubbles, sweets etc.

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #23155
_wendy_
meaningless

I am currently:

theres a similar list here on my local self harm group website. some are a bit random though, but what works for one may not work for another

http://www.harmless.org.uk/viewpage.php?page_id=13

current meds (as at Feb 2017): , thyroxine, metformin, iron, b12, vit d, atenolol, Butec, Naproxen, Nefopam, Lanzoprazole, Bupropion, quetiapine (prn)

Old 18-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #23156
Tig

Thanks for the link Wendy. It's a brilliant site. Wish we had something like that for where I live!

Old 18-03-2012, 09:20 PM   #23157
_wendy_
meaningless

I am currently:

they are very good and not far from me, but never been brave enough to fo yet. maybe i will make it my challenge for over Easter

Old 18-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #23158
Tig

Yeah, that sounds a really good challenge :) I hope you can do it.

Old 18-03-2012, 11:07 PM   #23159
Bleeding Angel
This is my story, and your not part of it...

I am currently:

wow ive missed alot ha ha, hope everyone is good. Will pop in tomrrow when im done for the day!

"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"

Bleeding Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #23160
~Grace~

14. Do a puzzle.

17. Go on comedy websites (such as Today's Big Fail http://www.todaysbigfail.com/view/20120318 )

18. Find your favourite film and snuggle under a duvet with your favourite film.

19. Reach out to someone and offer them some help.

20. Do a Random Act of Kindness for someone, anyone, that happens to be around. Alternatively, 'pass on' an act of kindness that someone has done to you.

21. Bake fairy cakes and ice them (or bake anything!).

22. Get a huge piece of paper/stick loads of bits together and just throw paint at it, Jackson Pollock style.

23. Take photographs of random things in your flat/house/room, or go for a photo walk.

24. Make a glitter jar/cake in a jar/positive affirmations in a jar.

25. Go on YouTube and watch old people's reactions to Dubstep.

26. Make a 'wellbeing toolbox' - get a shoebox or a bag, decorate it and fill it with things you can turn to when you're feeling overwhelmed, like favourite music, letters you've received from people, little toys/bubbles, sweets etc.

27. Do some gardening, or make an indoor pot of flowers to take care of.

28. Jewellery making...you can buy lovely but cheap beads on ebay

29. Puzzle books..word search, crosswords etc

30. Colouring, you can get cheap books with intricate designs which are totally absorbing

31. Cleaning and tidying...not nice to do, but a sense of achievement when done

Last edited by ~Grace~ : 19-03-2012 at 02:16 PM. Reason: to add a bit
~Grace~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)