RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 05-09-2009, 07:25 PM   #61
Heidi Tiger
Loon NOS

I am currently:

A+S I'm the same with the leg hair. Well I'm not too bad at the moment because I've thrown all tweezers out and Luke has hidden the nailclippers and he just lets me have them for cutting nails, which seems to work. It's not solving the problem,but it stops it from occuring if you see what I mean.

It's weird but trich is the one thing I don't llike talking to professionals about, self har,, suicide, phobias I'm fine with, but I just can't mention my hair pulling!

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination

Heidi Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:26 PM   #62
Alone and Scared
*Roby and Allie's Angel!*

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella View Post
I have done that with my legs where they were just red holes all the time from digging out ingrown hairs. Often if I couldn't quite get it, I couldn't let it go, and the wounds would get worse and worse.
Oh...... This is me too. My legs are covered in little red holes and circles where I have picked and squeezed.....

Anything on my body that I don't like, I'l either pluck or pick......

-“And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to bloom.” Anais Nin-

Allie, Mutt, Great Grandma, Hope and Humbug. I love you and miss you all. xx
Love you Caz, Kel, Roby &&Dasher. xx

Alone and Scared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:27 PM   #63
Alone and Scared

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi Tiger View Post
A+S I'm the same with the leg hair. Well I'm not too bad at the moment because I've thrown all tweezers out and Luke has hidden the nailclippers and he just lets me have them for cutting nails, which seems to work. It's not solving the problem,but it stops it from occuring if you see what I mean.

It's weird but trich is the one thing I don't llike talking to professionals about, self har,, suicide, phobias I'm fine with, but I just can't mention my hair pulling!
I've never mentioned it to anyone professional wise before...... The idea terrifies me. People at home notice I do it, and are often telling me to stop.

-“And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to bloom.” Anais Nin-

Old 05-09-2009, 08:00 PM   #64
ArtBroken

I am currently:

Just found this thread, its a great place.
I got trich when i started high school, i started with my eyelashes and a few months later i started on an area at the back of my head where there was a mole. Its a reflex i do to get at the itching just below the skin and especially when im stressed. I find myself pulling during exams at school and when im tired.
The bald patch on the back of my head means i have to wear a hat constantly or have m hair tied up. I really want to stop but I do it so automatically I can never stop myself.
Do other people get that itching just under the skin that you can only get at from the feeling of a hair bein pulled out?
Any advice?

ArtBroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:21 PM   #65
Absi
Miss Abaretti

I am currently:

I used to pull my eyelashes out when I was a lot younger but haven't for years.

"A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water."

Eleanor Roosevelt (1996)

Absi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:24 PM   #66
Lyn

I am currently:

Hi
I just found this thread and though I'd introduce myself :)

I've been pulling for a while now, and I really hate it. I want to stop before it gets bad, and out of controll.

I want to go to the school dance wearing a fancy dress and a fancy hairstyle that will get all the hair out of my face. The problem is, I have weird, bald patches around my face and in my neck.
It sounds so vain, but I really just want to be NORMAL.

I've gotten rid of all the tweezers, and am really, really trying to stop so badly. It's the last thing I have to get rid off, my last problem...

Does anyone have any methods how to stop? Like how people who bite their nails but some bitter stuff on their nails?

~Lyn

Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:08 PM   #67
[Awakening]
~Jocelyn~

I am currently:

Twice now i have typed lots and my toddler has pressed something and it's gone!! ARGH!

Basically...

I also get an itch which i feel is only relieved by plucking

I tried getting people to hide tweezers from me but it didnt work because i'll just use my nails or teeth :/

I believe trich is linked to OCD...

Medication can help, not sure of details, but some anti depressants are meant to help, i.e. prozac.

My CBT therapist told me about something called Habit Reversal Training (google it!) which can treat trich. Part of it is 'learning a competing response' where, when u get the 'urge' to pull, pick, pluck etc. you do something that makes it physically impossible to do so, for 2 minutes or until the urge passes. i.e. clamping hands together, gripping steering wheel or bus pole or pram handles, or if your reading squeezing the edges of the book.

There's lots more where that came from, she gave me a chapter from a book which i could possible work out how to scan it so i can share with you guys if you'd like.

I was scared of mentioning to professionals because until recently i thought i was disgusting because of it but it was somethign that i could still keep private because i dont often pull from obvious places like my head. But i did, i told my therapist and she was so normal about it and gave me so much help and advice. If it gets worse i will definately tell my gp, but i might take some info about it to show him incase he's not to well informed about it.

I feel so much less embarrassed about it since ive been looking it up and talking to people about it! Its been such a relieve to be honest!

I'd love to talk more or help if i can

hope this helps a little x x x

My love, a beautiful future awaits

[Awakening] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:17 PM   #68
Wonderland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alone and Scared View Post
*Wanders in nervously.....*

*Waves* Hi..... I'm not sure whether I have a 'problem' or not.... I suffer from OCD, but I will - oh I feel so ashamed..... - pick my hairs out of my legs to calm myself down.... Sorry if I'm wasting time.
I am exactly the same hun.
*cuddles*

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:23 PM   #69
[Awakening]
~Jocelyn~

I am currently:

Neither of you are wasting time! I often felt like this, and still struggle, because i dont see my trich as serious. But we can all talk and share and maybe help each other here which is pretty cool and important. Don't feel bad, either of you, it's a real condition and it can be quite serious.
*big hugs to you both* x x x

Old 06-09-2009, 02:28 PM   #70
Alone and Scared

I am currently:

*Snuggles Amy and Yummy*

I had a bit of a bad session today.....

I'm just too scared to actually 'say' it to my T...... x

Old 06-09-2009, 02:39 PM   #71
ArtBroken

I am currently:

Im gonna cut my nails today .__.
I go back to school tomorrow, I'm already getting targetted because of my lack of eyelashes, so I'm not looking forward to it.

Just wondering, does anyone else pull out hairs specifically from scars if you used to or still cut?

Old 06-09-2009, 02:43 PM   #72
Wonderland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtBroken View Post
Just wondering, does anyone else pull out hairs specifically from scars if you used to or still cut?
I do that.
I don't know why but it just feels wrong to have hairs growing out of scars. So they have to go.
Good luck with school!

x

Old 06-09-2009, 02:45 PM   #73
Wonderland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alone and Scared View Post
*Snuggles Amy and Yummy*

I had a bit of a bad session today.....

I'm just too scared to actually 'say' it to my T...... x
Try not to be too hard on yourself hun.
Could you write it down in a letter for your T to see, it is obviously having a negative impact on you and might help to get it out.

x

Old 06-09-2009, 04:45 PM   #74
Catharsis
//

I am currently:

Hey,,
Its always been something that i've done. But its only just got worse, and sorta become a problem for me. My eyelashes.

I tried telling my friend. But it came out as being 'some sort of ocd; hair pulling' And she just said that i needed help...

Is it something that has to be diognosed?

Catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:50 PM   #75
[Awakening]
~Jocelyn~

I am currently:

I don't think so. I havent been diagnosed but im pretty certain that i have trich. I think its good to talk to someone if its starting to become a problem and therefore a doctor or a therapist is probably the best place to start.

Artbroken and yellowlemon, i dont know your names sorry, have you thought about getting fake eye lashes until your real ones grow back? i dont think my eyelashes, or lack of, look too bad in that they dont draw attention to themselves but if they did id probably think about a substitue and getting proper professional help.

*Cuddles A&S* like Amy suggested could you write it down and give it or even send it to your therapist? maybe you could print off you're posts on this thread to show?

Artbroken, i don't have any scars with hairs growing on them for me to pluck but im sure i would if i did! if i get hairs in any of my moles, they have to go! I hope cutting your nails works for you! maybe you could try doing the clamping your hands things?

http://www.ocdonline.com/articlephillipson8.php

try googling some ideas to help reduce / stop your trich..

I hope tomorrow goes well for you

love and cuddles to all x x x x

Old 06-09-2009, 10:03 PM   #76
ArtBroken

I am currently:

The hand clamping thing seems a good idea, i'll try and do it
The patch on the back of my head i pull from actually started from an agrivated mole, and thats the itchiest place, the sort of centre of the bald patch.

Something else, whenever a hair is pulled out from another part of my head it stings like it should, but in and around the bald patch it feels sort of numb and nice to pull :\ I also pull from a patch on my leg, where i used to scratch before i had trich, and when the hair hasnt grown out yet but i can see it under the suface i'll pick off the skin to get at it. Has anyone else done anything like that?

I'm going to ask my school (if i have the chance) if theres anything they can offer to help me with my trich, because im not in contact with a doctor or a theripist : \

Old 06-09-2009, 11:23 PM   #77
[Awakening]
~Jocelyn~

I am currently:

ArtBroken
"in and around the bald patch it feels sort of numb and nice to pull" I can relate to this.
"when the hair hasnt grown out yet but i can see it under the suface i'll pick off the skin to get at it." This to.

Where in the world are you? Hopefully your school will at least be able to point you in the right direction x x x

Old 07-09-2009, 05:22 PM   #78
Lyn

I am currently:

@yummy:
thanks for the advice :)

Mine is not really a problem yet, but I refuse to LET it become one.

@artbroken: I hope you'll find some help :)
I also break the skin to get to the hair... And sometimes, I just feel like it NEEDS to go, it feels so right when i pull it...

Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:37 PM   #79
ArtBroken

I am currently:

Didn't get the chance to ask at school, I really don't know who to talk to about it...
Im from the UK, first day of school wasn't too bad, just have to put up with the people who think they're clever by staying to the norm and making anyone who wants to be themselves suffer ¬¬
I was wondering if anyones found ways to soothe the itchyness instead of pulling. When I take a bath it seems to stop itching, any other ideas?
Hugs for all, hope you're all well ^__^

Old 10-09-2009, 04:04 PM   #80
[Awakening]
~Jocelyn~

I am currently:

massage or rub itchy area? You should have a family GP. they should be able to help you. x x

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)